Fly Safe Database Update wont download?

Same problem! Very frustrating.

1523069484716.jpg
1523069490930.jpg

precise fly safe database update won't download? can anyone help?

It's been widely reported that there's a problem trying to download that Fly Safe update. Unsure if there's a fix coming any time soon. Others here may have something more to add. I just ignore it for now until its fixed.

@surfing Tech if not work try this way...turn all on, when prompt show don't hit update, unplug usb from device and put into p4 usb port, now hit update, same as above it won't disconect from drone,it should show skinny blue line instead of fat blue go fly like normal,,

Reactions: SurfingTech
Did you try my other post,,get onscreen prompt back,,
Don't click update yet
Take usb from back of remote and put into p4 usb (OTG adapter if got one,mini to mini)
Now click update,
This way work for me after endless trying and a email to dji
They recomend having Internet conection,,with your picture you got usb still in remote going to drone,won't work,it won't become disconected from drone,it will still have blue on the go fly logo we click to enter app

I'm not sure I understand. Once I get the prompt, take mini usb out of the controller and leave the mini usb connection in the P4?
So it will update with just the wi-fi between the two?

There is only ONE usb port on the P4. Taking mini usb from remote and connecting to P4 would make updating on wi Fi only?
Is that correct hook up to make it work?

I understand that works with a separate tablet or monitor. I have the P4P+ so unplugging from the back of remote is not an option.
If anybody knows how to update the "presise fly safe database" on a P4P+ I would take anything to get it done. Oh and DJI Assistant "refresh" doesnt include the fly safe issue.

OK.I just read my own post,duh.I tried to write this twice but muck it up,sorry all big wobble. Method I was trying to explain is for tablet or phone and presume p4p+ work the same,
1.get prompt up and don't hit update.
2.unplug usb from device at mini end not remote
3.plug into p4
4.now hit update
Hey wrote it right this time,going to delete a above post it's very wrong,ps,Yeh hard to find info ,all just say use assistant 2 if I find something I post it ,I fix mine but this annoying me,,,still searching,,,sorry again world for misinformation in previous posting

This didn’t work for me. When I plug the cords into the remote and the drone I get a message that there is an SD card error. And the database doesn’t download. Been stuck here after trying all sorts of things

@surfing Tech if not work try this way...turn all on, when prompt show don't hit update, unplug usb from device and put into p4 usb port, now hit update, same as above it won't disconect from drone,it should show skinny blue line instead of fat blue go fly like normal,,
This didn’t work for me. When I plug the cords into the remote and the drone I get a message that there is an SD card error. And the database doesn’t download. Been stuck here after trying all sorts of things.

UPDATE 7/6/21: the issue was the direction of the cords. The adapter cord needed to go into the drone, not into the back of the Controller. It seemed to do the trick - and I found that my home WiFi was interfering with the data transmission so I turned off my cell phone and home WiFi networks and the update worked in a few short seconds.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1