Pre-flights

Reaction score
Evening All,

I’m always looking to be a better drone pilot and I know if you fly commercially you have to complete a CAA approved course.

What I would like to know is what pre-flight checks do you guys carry out? I always check the weather, check for obstacles, check for airports etc.

Do any of you guys have a set pre-flight checklist?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Reactions: BigAl07
Not sure if it's in msinger's list, but here is the one I use.. (courtesy of another poster long ago - sorry I don't recall the name but all credit goes to that person).

Attachments

• PHANTOM 3 PRO CHECKLIST.pdf
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,751
Not sure if it's in msinger's list, but here is the one I use.. (courtesy of another poster long ago - sorry I don't recall the name but all credit goes to that person).
I think that you should lose the compass calibration before every flight from that .pdf list. Most/many here now agree that it's not necessary every time and it's probably not even necessary if you move location to a long way away.

Once you get a good calibration you should only recalibrate if you are told to do so by the app or as a possible appropriate solution to any problems you might be experiencing - for example, after a crash.

Reactions: scoobylou1530
I think that you should lose the compass calibration before every flight from that .pdf list.
Yup, good point Steve - as I said that list was from at least 2 years ago when it was 'considered' a good thing to do although I haven't/don't calibrate the compass anymore at all - no matter where I go in the US. Last cal was at least 18 months ago.
The list should be used as a 'guide' and the user can amend as they see fit.

Reactions: scoobylou1530

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT