Pre-flight check for flying P2 indoors for AP?

Reaction score
What Pre flight Phantom 2 check and routine do you use when shooting indoor aerial photography?

I guess you are flying in ATT also?

If i'm not mistaken it's a yellow blinking light in ATT mode?

you don't necessarily have to be in Naza / ATTI mode just to fly indoors... you just won't have a GPS home position lock. The indicator LEDs on the phantom will blink slow yellow, indicating it has no GPS lock but other than that it should act normally.

faster yellow blink indicates loss of signal with RC / failsafe

i havent dont it but maybe set it "if loss of connection" to land instead of then to rise 20 m then auto home if any problems, Someone correct me if im wrong?

Personally, I would not use GPS mode indoors. In fact, I wouldn't use GPS unless I know I can maintain a good signal. A limited GPS signal is worse than none in that you can get GPS jumps and the Phantom will send itself into a wall.

Haze said:
i havent dont it but maybe set it "if loss of connection" to land instead of then to rise 20 m then auto home if any problems, Someone correct me if im wrong?

you're talking about Failsafe mode, which happens when the Phantom loses contact with the RC, or Failsafe mode is triggered manually via the toggle (this only applies in Phantom mode, not Naza mode)
If the phantom is below 20m, it will ascend to 20m, fly to it's home point, and land
If the phantom is above 20m, it will fly to it's home point and land.

but that only applies when the Phantom has a GPS-locked home point to return to, which won't happen in doors.

I don't know what would happen to a Phantom indoors if Failsafe is triggered

You may be able to fly GPS indoors as the satellite signal will penetrate a roof. I would recommend, however, flying in ATTI mode while indoors.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl