Power Hobby 9450 Props

Those are "O-XOXO" props. I wouldn't chance it. Always go with OEM props.

Those are "O-XOXO" props. I wouldn't chance it. Always go with OEM props.
Absolutely right, stay away from XOXO, I wasted my money on some in the past... Not balanced at well, or at all. Not worth it. IMHO.

what is wrong with this xoxoxo thing - is it a brand? is it just a balance issue? if they are xoxoxo brand, do they say that on them?

Just wondering as all my p2v+ v3 props are cheap china 9443 replacements - busted all my dji ones day 1 trying to stop with CSC!@!@#% These cheap ones seem to work fine.

what is wrong with this xoxoxo thing - is it a brand? is it just a balance issue? if they are xoxoxo brand, do they say that on them?

Just wondering as all my p2v+ v3 props are cheap china 9443 replacements - busted all my dji ones day 1 trying to stop with CSC!@!@#% These cheap ones seem to work fine.

The blades are a knock off. The original say DJI on the other blade of the model. The knock offs read O-XOXO. They are usually unbalanced or to a much lesser degree. That can cause vibration throughout the aircraft and show in recordings. They are cheaper, but of lesser quality IMO. If you think of the Phantom of a several hundred $$ object, don't skimp on the $ 5 blade difference... Just like putting $60 tires on a luxury SUV.

You can find the knock offs all over EBay.

All this is only my opinion of course. And they can be balanced to make them smoother.

image.jpg
This is a sample of the markings.

Knock-offs.

Knot [sic] good!

Reactions: Intruder101
thank you! guess I have been lucky - non of my cheap ebay china props have x0x0x written on them. at 1/4 the price of dji, they are obviously not dji. I tried to check balance by sticking very thin stiff wire into thread area and look for non parallel both horizontal and vertically and could not measure this way any imbalance.

thank you! guess I have been lucky - non of my cheap ebay china props have x0x0x written on them. at 1/4 the price of dji, they are obviously not dji. I tried to check balance by sticking very thin stiff wire into thread area and look for non parallel both horizontal and vertically and could not measure this way any imbalance.
Try this one for balancing. It only takes a very little weight to throw it off. The props turn onaverage between 9000 and 9800 RPM. You can imagine the vibration it can cause by unbalanced rotors...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111640676838?ru=http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=111640676838&_rdc=1

guess you are looking for a new 2 axis gimbal too :)

I have seen some of the balancers on ebay. they look nice. I don't see why MY small balance pole is any different than theirs tho and mine cost nothing. maybe it is worth nothing too though!

guess you are looking for a new 2 axis gimbal too :)

I have seen some of the balancers on ebay. they look nice. I don't see why MY small balance pole is any different than theirs tho and mine cost nothing. maybe it is worth nothing too though!
haha, actually I did install a 2axis gimbal. Very happy with it. I'm not sure how these rods measure up to your balancing device. Post some pictures, it may be just as good. I tried to make my own balancing rods, didn't turn out too good... I accidentally bent them slightly during the thread cutting and ruined the rod.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31