*** Posting About Your 107 Results? POST IT HERE!

Did you find the test easy or hard?

• It was easy for me!

• It had some challenges but I got through it OK.

• I found it difficult.

• I haven't tested yet but plan to.

• I'm don't plan to take the test.

Results are only viewable after voting.
All I can speak about with any clarity is remotepilot 101. I have learned an amazing amount in a short time. After just a few days, I took the final practice test and scored a 73%. Enough to pass the 107. But I am going to keep watching videos and refreshing the weak areas. I want "at least" high 80's

I loved RP101. I took the finals multiple times until I got a 98% in 30 minutes, and I fat fingered the wrong answer, I guess, because I knew it. The actual FAA proctored test was MUCH harder. It took me 1hr 45 mins and I got an 87%. I sent a note to Jason and team. They replied back that they are hearing from test takers that the difficulty of the questions have ramped up. They told me they are going to try to adjust accordingly

For example, why does a drone pilot need to know how to properly land at an airport when it is highly unlikely that we will ever need to land there? It does raise the bar, and the learning is important, especially as they relate to the rules of flight, but some of it really ends up being useless information unless you want to go on and become a plane pilot.

I took the same course and I'm a GA pilot. I assume you mean questions about your heading if you're downwind in the pattern for a planned landing on runway 31, blah, blah something like that.

Here's why...if you have authorization to fly a sUAV in airspace close enough to an airfield that puts you in range of the field's landing pattern, you're going to need to monitor radio CTAF so you know what aircraft is going in and out and where so you can avoid their flight path. At the very least, you'll know that most aircraft at smaller facilities (class delta, echo) generally enter the pattern for landing 45 degrees to the downwind leg and your VO can keep and eye out for that.

make sense???

I took my test on August 29th and received my FAA card yesterday.

FAA part 107 card 0001.jpg

Gents, I noticed you can register for the 107 test online. Here is my question: Are the testing dates at a set time of the month or can you test just about any time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gents, I noticed you can register for the 107 test online. Here is my question: Are the testing dates at a set time of the month or can you test just about any time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe you can do it anytime so long as the test facility you've chosen has the date available and it's open that day.

I called cats on a Thursday, they told me that I could take it the next day. I couldn't cause of my work schedule. So they scheduled me for the following Monday.

I went in and took the FAA's online exam for the 107. Aced it.

Took the exam at my local examiner's office and struggled but passed today. The FAA test for current part 61 pilots is not even close to the one a non-current pilot needs to take.

Lots of airspace questions that we haven't seen for 30 years or so. Quite a bit of chart reading and interpretation, but that can be figured out using the legends.

Make sure you have the airspace rules down pretty well and you should do good on the 107 test.

AD

HA! I had the same question. No possible way to determine visibility on a VFR sectional. I looked at the question and the book 10 times thinking I was on the wrong page. But my answer choices were different. I had
A) 1/3 mile
B) 1 mile
C) 3 miles
I picked C because I had to pick something, and got it wrong.

I passed with an 87%. But I wish there was a way to see what the correct answer was. My proctor told me that I could Google the codes of the missed questions on my results print out. But when I do that, all I get is an overall type test subject, not an actual question

Umm, maybe it's based on the minimum visibility a VFR pilot must have, which is 3 statute miles in that airspace. 3 miles would seem to be correct, or the VFR pilot should not even be there. I had the same question, and chose 3 miles also. I believe it was correct.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I passed on the 10th of October. The test took me 20 minutes and I scored an 83%. You need to know how to read METAR weather reports and know what airspace your in by reading maps. Other than that, it's pretty basic.

I took the same course and I'm a GA pilot. I assume you mean questions about your heading if you're downwind in the pattern for a planned landing on runway 31, blah, blah something like that.

At the very least, you'll know that most aircraft at smaller facilities (class delta, echo) generally enter the pattern for landing 45 degrees to the downwind leg and your VO can keep and eye out for that.

make sense???
Class D means a tower controlled airport. During the hours the tower is open, you will seldom enter the traffic pattern on a 45 to downwind. The tower will instruct you on how to proceed to the landing runway depending on your position relative to the active runway and other traffic at the time. And, I agree, it's very important to monitor the Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF) to keep track of airborne traffic. Even more so at Class G airports without control towers. It seems that for now, very few UAS operations are being approved for controlled Class B, C, D and E airspace. The aviation jargon will be difficult to understand at first but will make sense over time.

Class D means a tower controlled airport. During the hours the tower is open, you will seldom enter the traffic pattern on a 45 to downwind. The tower will instruct you on how to proceed to the landing runway depending on your position relative to the active runway and other traffic at the time. And, I agree, it's very important to monitor the Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF) to keep track of airborne traffic. Even more so at Class G airports without control towers. It seems that for now, very few UAS operations are being approved for controlled Class B, C, D and E airspace. The aviation jargon will be difficult to understand at first but will make sense over time.

Pardon, I stand corrected. My flying has been mostly out of a non-towered field so I defaulted.

Passed test on August 30th, received my card on Friday (October 28). They must be busy. I studied all the free material available from the FAA. I would've bought a class if there were enough reviews that early on, but I'm starting ground school soon, so it's irrelevant at this point.

Now you go through the iacra waiting. ..good job on passing
Thanks! These were some crazy days before the test... I took Thursday and Friday off to do the RP101 course... my brain can not take anything else lol it was intense!!!

I also studied the 77 page pamphlet FAA provides and it also helped a lot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic