Portable HDMI Monitor: GeChic

Reaction score
I'm still looking for a portable HDMI monitor, or some kind of display that would allow me to CLEARLY see what the P3P camera sees. I know there are tons of FPV glasses out there, but I would rather keep my eyes unobstructed so I can see app controls and keep VLOS with P3P.

I'm currently using an iPad Air 2 with cellular, but it's not clear enough to see details like animals in the forest, tall/high power lines, birds, etc.

There were so many times I would take aerial footage of an area and miss out on capturing rare opportunities because I couldn't see them on the ipad. I would later see a glimpse on my Macbook Pro Retina that I had wished I could have focused on longer during that moment. Example: There was a large white bird (not sure what kind...maybe an egret) that circled my P3P for a long period of time, but I could not capture it on video because I couldn't see it on my ipad.

Anyone tried/recommend this: Amazon.com: GeChic 2501C 15.6" Portable Monitor with HDMI, VGA Inputs: Computers & Accessories

Long story short: I'm looking for a portable monitor with a better/clearer display (especially in bright sunlight) than my ipad air 2. And I don't want to use FPV goggles....not unless there are NO other options.

I don't know, that looks like a laptop screen without the laptop. I'm not sure any screen is going to be highly visible in the sunlight. Have you thought about a hood to go around your tablet? I have one for my cell phone, and it helps, but now I need a non-reflective screen protector because the screen seems more reflective with the shade provided by the hood.

I looked at the link provided by you for GeChick and could not see its brightness value anywhere. I won't go for such monitor unless I see all the details.

What size of monitor you are looking for? Look for 1000 cd/m2 field monitors and you can find one decent one. They are specifically designed for field operations. Give me the size of the monitor, I will look one for you.

I don't know, that looks like a laptop screen without the laptop. I'm not sure any screen is going to be highly visible in the sunlight. Have you thought about a hood to go around your tablet? I have one for my cell phone, and it helps, but now I need a non-reflective screen protector because the screen seems more reflective with the shade provided by the hood.

I have the hoodman sunshade: http://www.adorama.com/HNHAV2KIT.html
I love it but can be a bit cumbersome at times. Also, I wear reading glasses which means whenever I use the full hoodman setup (placing my face against hood) I'll need to have the proper glasses. The distance from my eyes to ipad can make it seem blurry. Those who wear reading glasses know what I mean.

I looked at the link provided by you for GeChick and could not see its brightness value anywhere. I won't go for such monitor unless I see all the details.

What size of monitor you are looking for? Look for 1000 cd/m2 field monitors and you can find one decent one. They are specifically designed for field operations. Give me the size of the monitor, I will look one for you.

Thanks for you assistance! I'm thinking 10-13 inch display (approximate ipad air and ipad pro display sizes) would suffice.

The other advantage to having a field monitor, in addition to my ipad, is to share my real time video with others around me.

The problem with 1000 nit field visible monitors is the cost. The ones I've seen run something like $1000. The little IPS panel that the OP describes is $200.

Which pretty much answers the question. If you want to be able to view detail in full sunlight, be prepared to pay for it. Otherwise use a hood arrangement and a more normal display.

The problem with 1000 nit field visible monitors is the cost. The ones I've seen run something like $1000. The little IPS panel that the OP describes is $200.

Which pretty much answers the question. If you want to be able to view detail in full sunlight, be prepared to pay for it. Otherwise use a hood arrangement and a more normal display.
That's not true these days. Prices have fallen down. Ok let me search one for him.

Not 1000 nit, but 800 nit for $345 :SmallPC.com - Industrial LCD Price List

If these allow me to see relatively clear details without the use of FPV goggles, then it's worth it to me. That said...brightness seems to be much better than ipad air 2's approx. 450 nit, but not sure about the resolution, if that makes a big difference.

I'm still looking for a portable HDMI monitor, or some kind of display that would allow me to CLEARLY see what the P3P camera sees. I know there are tons of FPV glasses out there, but I would rather keep my eyes unobstructed so I can see app controls and keep VLOS with P3P.

I'm currently using an iPad Air 2 with cellular, but it's not clear enough to see details like animals in the forest, tall/high power lines, birds, etc.

There were so many times I would take aerial footage of an area and miss out on capturing rare opportunities because I couldn't see them on the ipad. I would later see a glimpse on my Macbook Pro Retina that I had wished I could have focused on longer during that moment. Example: There was a large white bird (not sure what kind...maybe an egret) that circled my P3P for a long period of time, but I could not capture it on video because I couldn't see it on my ipad.

Anyone tried/recommend this: Amazon.com: GeChic 2501C 15.6" Portable Monitor with HDMI, VGA Inputs: Computers & Accessories

Long story short: I'm looking for a portable monitor with a better/clearer display (especially in bright sunlight) than my ipad air 2. And I don't want to use FPV goggles....not unless there are NO other options.

Yes, I have used this one. I am very happy with it. It helps me and increase my productivity. It comes with 1920*1020 resolution which is very important for high quality image. I have also write one blog on Gechic 2501H. If you want to get more information click here.

I bought kiperline 15.6-inch screen, high-definition blue light eye protection, I think it is very good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl