Poor quality control by DJI

Reaction score
Hay everyone, after a few weeks of flying with my p3s i was disappointed about the stock range. Less than 200 m away and the signaal and video signal where gone. Today i desided to open up the remote control to check what was wrong with it. Reason was i tried another rc from the standard and with that one the range was about 400% better. After i had opened the rc i could see richt away what the problem was. The connecters from the antennas, although glued, weren’t fitted on the subconnecters. They where hanging above it as a matter of speak. After i removed them, cleaned everything from the glue, fitted them as they should be from the start, glued them again reassembeled the backplate, bind it again tot the drone and tested it.
I can only say one word....WOW. After 1000m there still where 5 bars for signal as for video. I tested it in an reasonable WiFi crowded area.

That gives me the conclusion that the quality control by DJI is a real joke. I also have an p3 pro and after opening that rc i saw the same bad Connections from the antenna’s. I also remounted them as it should be but haven’t test it.

So if Someone has problems with the range, check first the antenna connections before spending money on range extenders.

Reactions: Oso
The quality is suspect at times. We've also seen several posts about components, connectors and buttons (such as link button) falling off of the main board. Not to mention all of the shell cracks on the AC and sticks/buttons on the RC breaking off internally.

Reactions: JoBe
Hay everyone, after a few weeks of flying with my p3s i was disappointed about the stock range. Less than 200 m away and the signaal and video signal where gone. Today i desided to open up the remote control to check what was wrong with it. Reason was i tried another rc from the standard and with that one the range was about 400% better. After i had opened the rc i could see richt away what the problem was. The connecters from the antennas, although glued, weren’t fitted on the subconnecters. They where hanging above it as a matter of speak. After i removed them, cleaned everything from the glue, fitted them as they should be from the start, glued them again reassembeled the backplate, bind it again tot the drone and tested it.
I can only say one word....WOW. After 1000m there still where 5 bars for signal as for video. I tested it in an reasonable WiFi crowded area.

That gives me the conclusion that the quality control by DJI is a real joke. I also have an p3 pro and after opening that rc i saw the same bad Connections from the antenna’s. I also remounted them as it should be but haven’t test it.

So if Someone has problems with the range, check first the antenna connections before spending money on range extenders.
That's great news for you. That kind of range is impressive for a P3S. Of course, DYI repairs can void your warranty if you had one.

It's been said that the consumers are the Quality Control staff for DJI.

I could have zend it in to DJI. But for a fix i can do myself in 5 minutes, i have to wait weeks voor DJI returns my stuff... if i get my OWN rc returned...

I could have zend it in to DJI. But for a fix i can do myself in 5 minutes, i have to wait weeks voor DJI returns my stuff... if i get my OWN rc returned...
good call they wud just give you back a refurb

Refurbs have a better chance of being free from defects. They have actually been checked out by a human!
According to DJI’s commentary a refirb is a product that has been returned and re offered for sale following inspection. It is not a repaired product. I’m not sure it is reasonable to assume anything more might be done in the inspection process than the standard end of production line checks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl