poor distance

Reaction score
Took the Phantom out tonight and went up around 200 feet and then went straight forward got out to about 450 feet and noticed my FPV on my Iphone started to freeze, went out to about 480 feet and lost signal, think I should get more then that out of it shouldnt I? which way should I have my antena on the controller pointed and how should I have the range extender pointed for best signal strength? I even downloaded the app FPV Booster for phantom vision and was running that but didnt seem to help in the distance any, anyone have any ideas?

Like this:
AntennaPosition.jpg

The 500 metres distance quoted in the specs is about right and under some conditions you can get better - others you get less.
The distance you'll get is quite variable and affected by several factors.
Just rotating the Phantom, you'll find that some angles are more effective than others.
Straight up is always going to be the hardest direction to have good signal strength.

The minimum distance I've had was about 600ft then my fpv froze, this was in a populated area with lots of wifi traffic & our good old friend the trees.....;) I have my antenna setup as shown in msingers picture.

Took the Phantom out tonight and went up around 200 feet and then went straight forward got out to about 450 feet and noticed my FPV on my Iphone started to freeze, went out to about 480 feet and lost signal, think I should get more then that out of it shouldnt I? which way should I have my antena on the controller pointed and how should I have the range extender pointed for best signal strength? I even downloaded the app FPV Booster for phantom vision and was running that but didnt seem to help in the distance any, anyone have any ideas?
Hey Squid,

your range is a little too short on average; however, like Meta4 mentioned, that is all relative to conditions.

I just returned from overseas on Sunday and had my new upgraded Tx in the mail. Yesterday I had a chance to bind it (easy with instructions from this forum) and took it out for one battery. First flight, at 650 feet I had my very first lost signal alarm, but kept my FPV connection. After about 10 seconds it reconnected and I brought it home.

No Problems after that. Weird, I've had over 1200' before and got nervous and brought it back. That was a different location with absolutely no obstacles.

Noteworthy too, yesterday it took me a loooong long time to get all sats. It sat there for about 4 minutes at 5 sats. Only after restart did I get 8 sats after about 2 minutes. It was some weird conditions yesterday. Solarflares out? Anyone know?

well went out flying again tonight and testing the fpv to see what kind of distance I could get, was up about 200 feet went out to 446 feet and thats when I lost fpv, im in a big field very little trees (we dont have many trees here in Sask Canada hahahaha) anyways thats what I got, thought I would get more then that, so whats everyones opinion on that should I be getting farther sure would like to, what can I do if anything to get farther out there? , did get great signal upwards was up to 500 feet and picture was still good, but out in front (away from Me) not so good..also forgot to mention I even downloaded the fpv booster app, didnt seem to help any but was running it anyways,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31