Police Station only partially collapses after controlled demolition

Reaction score
Filmed in Christchurch, New Zealand yesterday (May 31st) with 2 DJI Phantom 3's and 3 DJI Inspires.

Reactions: dirkclod
Cool video Pete but that was the worst implosion I think I have ever seen !
Looked like the right side just didn't give way and made it go over .
With 5 of ya sounds like you had it covered pretty good !!
Thanks for sharing :)

Cool video Pete but that was the worst implosion I think I have ever seen !
Looked like the right side just didn't give way and made it go over .
With 5 of ya sounds like you had it covered pretty good !!
Thanks for sharing :)
Saw an interview with the demolition contractor. It was exactly as planned. It had to fall away from another building, so they blew away support half way up on one side to make it unbalanced, then knocked out the rest.

Saw an interview with the demolition contractor. It was exactly as planned. It had to fall away from another building, so they blew away support half way up on one side to make it unbalanced, then knocked out the rest.
Well it's good it went his way !! Have seen several in person here and they made them fall inward and nothing landed outside the foundation is why I said that bro . Is cool to watch but the first time I was to close and didn't know about the dust that was gonna hit us :eek:

Well it's good it went his way !! Have seen several in person here and they made them fall inward and nothing landed outside the foundation is why I said that bro . Is cool to watch but the first time I was to close and didn't know about the dust that was gonna hit us :eek:
Actually, if you look at the video, the side they blew first has screening around it to contain anything from flying out.

Actually, if you look at the video, the side they blew first has screening around it to contain anything from flying out.
I did watch it but didn't see that . It don't take long to get rid of something that took awhile to build !!

Fun to watch! I bet the sound was awesome if you were there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20