Polar Pro ND and Polarizer build Impression

I received mine today. But all three filters can't be attached because the bad threads. The original UV-filter (DJI) is (un)mountable without any issues. So the problem is the threads of the Polar filters. Request my money back, but got no answer. Now asking my money back through Paypal.

BTW: I used lube, but that doesn't help. :(

How is it possible that thread goes fine for some and not for other?? ... PP thread isn't perfect (mhh DJI also ...) but it seems strange that can't be installed at all...

I received mine today. But all three filters can't be attached because the bad threads. The original UV-filter (DJI) is (un)mountable without any issues. So the problem is the threads of the Polar filters. Request my money back, but got no answer. Now asking my money back through Paypal.

BTW: I used lube, but that doesn't help. :(

Same thing happened to me. It took them a day to get back to me but they refunded it with no issues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 349
Update: Get a response of them today. Get refunded and they will release a new version with better threads on July 17th.

flew today first time with the filters and they are great. tryed the ND4 but still a little to bright out. put on the ND8 and omg looked great.

They refunded my money today and I will reorder when the new ones are in. EXCELLENT CS from these guys. The glass was GREAT, the thrteads were lacking

Bobomet did you decide to keep the filters...? I thought you were going to return them?

I chatted w/ Dan of Polar Pros he informed me they've got over 200 flights w/ their P3, and have not experienced any issues with regard to the gimbal and the added weight.

Mark.
Yeah!

OK ... we finally have a sunny morning here, so I just tried to thread up my PolarPro filters to test them out.
I am very disappointed to report that I could not get any of the three threaded.
I refuse to force any part to fit anything (just a personal rule I've set following years of destroying objects by forcing parts together) ...... and I refuse to force these on.
I find it impossible to believe only 2% of the filters shipped are off thread spec (sounds good though PolarPro - been there!).
I'm very disappointed indeed, but at least they refunded my $$.

I cracked the stock filter when putting the Phantom back into the box by bumping lightly into the device holder through a bag that I put around the gimbal for protection due to lack of lens cap. Poor design of packaging in my opinion and in this case a simple lens cap would have saved the extremely fragile stock UV filter or glass, not sure what it was actually.

I decided to order the filters from Polar Pro and they arrived today. Unfortunately they do not screw on, even after applying lube on the threads and applying some force. There is absolutely no way these are going on more than one third of a turn, I have tried them all several times. I emailed them for an exchange and hope I'll get correctly threaded replacements soon, as I do not feel comfortable with flying without any protection of the lens.

I got my 3 filter set the first week of June and could only get the things to thread on about 40%.
The ND8 filter worked great when I used it but I don't feel too keen about having it not be firmly screwed on all the way. I contacted the company about the threading issues and Dan Morris responded promptly.
He said that some of the filters shipped had the problems I was encountering and that a new batch should address the build issues some people were experiencing.

He then offered me a choice of 3 options:
A) I could get a complete refund and keep the filters in my possession.
B) I could get a new set of filters when they were available mid-July and keep the ones I already had.
C) I could get fully credited the money already spent, keep the filters in my possession, and apply the
credit to a new 6 filter pack (Includes CP, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND8/PL, ND16/PL) that was also
coming out in July.

My experience with the company was a good one and Dan Morris was very prompt and helpful in
resolving the issue. It sounded like the 6 pack would resolve the threading issues as well, so I went for that option. I really wanted an ND16 and ND32 so this actually worked out.

Sounds like very good customer service, I hope I'll get these options as well.

I can confirm this.. They refund all money without any question ! Very impressive. I'm waiting for new series in july ...

I got an reply today that the next batch of filters will have slightly wider threads to resolve threading issues and that they will send a replacement set to me as soon as they arrive in mid July. They asked if I needed anything else and I asked for fast shipment, as I feel uncomfortable about flying without any lens protection.

As bummed out as I am about the filters not fitting I have nothing but good things to say about polor pro's customer service.

My Phantom 3 filter pack arrived in the post today. I'm based in the UK and I have to say the delivery was super quick. However to much of my disappointment the filters didn't fit properly onto my P3, I'm also having issues as stated in this thread by others. Thanks to the forum I had the heads up. As of now I've emailed them for a refund or an exchange and still waiting for their response. I will keep you guys updated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl