POLAR PRO LANDING GEAR

Apparently, from other posts, they do get in the videos if you move the Quad left or right quickly... I think the skid tips add "class" to the videos myself :)....
I have a set of these and they are really nice! Other clip on options are out there though.
2-jpg.39191

Reactions: LamboH
I am new to the hobby and have a P3S coming tomorrow. I have been thinking about getting a set of these. I have seen a lot of positive posts about them. Only one person mentioned that they got in the way during filming. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance.
Not a major issue. Just need to be gentle on yaw. If you really need that perfect video then you could just remove them for that sortie.

Now I've got my DJIPro and the Polar Landing gear I had a quick test and confirm what others have said, it only really gets in the way if you bank sharply momentarily (whilst the gimble catches up with the direction of the DJI). So a potential issue on video only. I've tested quite a few landings and feel far more confident in it's stability. But If I'm recording video i'll remove the legs and catch the drone in flight.

ps.. how on earth do you embed an image :confused:

Attachments

• P1090026 - Copy.JPG
    P1090026 - Copy.JPG
    599.6 KB · Views: 332
  • P1090026 - Copy.JPG
    P1090026 - Copy.JPG
    599.6 KB · Views: 411
Now I've got my DJIPro and the Polar Landing gear I had a quick test and confirm what others have said, it only really gets in the way if you bank sharply momentarily (whilst the gimble catches up with the direction of the DJI). So a potential issue on video only. I've tested quite a few landings and feel far more confident in it's stability. But If I'm recording video i'll remove the legs and catch the drone in flight.

What I have been saying for a minute. Glad to see you like. Still not a fan of hand catching except in emergencies. I always pick two or more good landing zones as well.

Does anybody know if the Phantom 3 landing gear are dimensionally the same as the Phantom 2 gear? If they are, I'll snag a set for my Phantom 2 Vision with aftermarket gimbal. I oculd use the ground clearance!

Thanks. I don't or will never hand catch.
Hand catching and remote landing are both useful skills, in my opinion. Depending on the terrain, you might prefer to just grab it out of the air. But if you NEVER EVER EVER land your bird... what kind of pilot can't land their aircraft?

Nice gold props. Did you paint them yourself? Does the color show in flight to help you with orientation?

Chris

Nice gold props. Did you paint them yourself? Does the color show in flight to help you with orientation?

Chris

Thank you :).. Yes initially it was two fold (1) to look cool (2) and help with flight orientation however you can't really tell when it's up in the air so not much use there. I used gold spray for plastics and applied a clear lacquer over the top.

Last edited:
Hi there, the blades were just sprayed myself with a gold spray for plastic and a clear lacquer.. The decal was off eBay. Cheers

I tried these but am returning them, they look great but only one side of each leg securely clips to the stock landing gear.. the other side wraps around the leg but does not clip securely to it, they move around a little when mounted and I dont like that.. Also they seem fairly heavy for something that is not really necessary, not a good thing.. Lastly I thought the legs might show uo in video, seems like that is the case.. They do look great though
Hey I don't know why the legs only clip on 1 corner of the landing gear, the other corner is loose? is that so there is a little give during the landings?

I ordered these and only one came in the box. Sending it back.
I'd give them a call 1st. They are easy to work with. They might if you are tactful, just send you a new set, without the haslle of returning. Just a thought/suggestion.

Reactions: Reed L
Hey I don't know why the legs only clip on 1 corner of the landing gear, the other corner is loose? is that so there is a little give during the landings?

They do give a little on that end, but not much. Bothered me a little also at first, but they perform as expected on grass or pavement. I've never had a single tip over.

Reactions: GunnyPapa
They do give a little on that end, but not much. Bothered me a little also at first, but they perform as expected on grass or pavement. I've never had a single tip over.
Same here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic