POLAR PRO LANDING GEAR

Have these installed but finding I don't really need them now as hand catch and when I do land her which is often I can bring her down softly now a days.
I do not like them being in the shot. Even in gentle yaws they can be seen sometimes.

Have these installed but finding I don't really need them now as hand catch and when I do land her which is often I can bring her down softly now a days.
I do not like them being in the shot. Even in gentle yaws they can be seen sometimes.
I tried these but am returning them, they look great but only one side of each leg securely clips to the stock landing gear.. the other side wraps around the leg but does not clip securely to it, they move around a little when mounted and I dont like that.. Also they seem fairly heavy for something that is not really necessary, not a good thing.. Lastly I thought the legs might show uo in video, seems like that is the case.. They do look great though
Did you find that they seem to click on pretty easy but they seem to stress the legs a little when you take them off? its weird because everyone has been saying how great they are, your the 1st person other than myself to have some negative feed back about these, thought i was going mad! they kind of defeat the object really because having a p3 with a quality 4k camera and decent smooth gimbal which DJI in my opinion have done remarkably well at, why would pilots completely ruin there videos with a black chunk of plastic appearing in the bottom left corner of video footage... Its mad!! anyhow if I cant mod them then i will bin them lol. happy flying phantom freak.

exactly my point, polarpro website mentions that you may see the legs in fast pans or yaws but like you have mentioned even in slow moving shots they are visible at times, shame i really like the look it gives the p3!!

Did you find that they seem to click on pretty easy but they seem to stress the legs a little when you take them off? its weird because everyone has been saying how great they are, your the 1st person other than myself to have some negative feed back about these, thought i was going mad! they kind of defeat the object really because having a p3 with a quality 4k camera and decent smooth gimbal which DJI in my opinion have done remarkably well at, why would pilots completely ruin there videos with a black chunk of plastic appearing in the bottom left corner of video footage... Its mad!! anyhow if I cant mod them then i will bin them lol. happy flying phantom freak.

I do find them hard to fit in the field - when i do it at home it makes sense but i do find I personally need to put them on a certain way - like one side gripping well and the other side not so well - to make them clip on properly.
And remembering this in the field is harder as I dont use them that often. Also because I have a case to store the legs have to be off more than not.
I do find that pulling them off i feel i bend the legs a little to un clip them - which I would agree if you end up twisting the legs to help get them off - not ideal.

All this i could possibly live with - but really with them on i tend to land her a bit harder because i think i can get away with it - but with them off i land more carefully so really - id prefer to land again more carefully.

However, legs in shot is the deal breaker for me for a bit of extra comfort from anti tip only

Yes as soon as I saw how heavy they were, and unsecure, that was it, I decided to return. I never actually flew with them attached. Good luck!

These legs are not heavy at all in relation to the p3 and would not put any stress on the motors with extra weight..

Reactions: sonof40
I just canceled an Amazon order that was being processed for shipping. The Amazon description makes no mention that the legs can be visible in a shot.

Interested to see how just snapping the legs at an angle works out for you. Can you post a pic of it when it's all done? Also it's effects during flight and video operations.

My p3p with retractable skids and polar pro's extended
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451700017.488625.jpg
landing gear.

Reactions: sonof40
Just wondering why you would never hand catch ?
Good question as well as good timing, as I was going to mention why in this thread later.
Why? Most likely that I want to operate an aircraft exactly the way it was designed to fly and LAND, especially LAND! ! I'm just speaking for me and my standards. Additionally, a lot of folks who take up flying on their own any aircraft never practice landings. Probably the most important aspect of flight, not just for UAV/Drones but for all. This also applies to flying in real world. Again, this is my personal standards. Maybe, just maybe I might hand catch in an emergency. I practiced that as well. I have some hours on my Phantom but over 70% are take off and landing. Had some curves to learn, with the help I got from some of the great folks here, figured out my training plan. I can stick a landing just about any condition now. I installed the landing gear as a support and protection.
Hope this answered your question Rod

Not having these issues brothers, not showing any in videos except at a few landings. I recalibrate gymbal and adjusted same in settings. Also and most importantly, only one end completely clips on leg so that the other end can be pushed on. It is a great design. If these are loose then that is an issue.
Stressing the legs on take off I will not address as I don't understand that and there would be about Zero % stress on landing gear on take off.
Again, these are my professional opinions

I also have the pp landing gear and their great for take off & landing! They also do look quite sexy. The downside is they only actually raise your legs 0.425 of an inch but on there website they claim 1 Inch! Bit naughty Polarpro!! Especially for people who buy these for extra camera clearance. I've had 6 flights with these and unfortunately they appear in the video footage every time, and I fly slow and smooth, gutted really because I love the look of these things. I found this with their filters they say that the dji uv filter weighs 3 grams so by adding one of their ND filters only adds 1.64 grams, but in fact the dji filter weighs 2 grams so in theory you are adding an extra 2.64 grams, still nothing to much to worry about, but polar pro have to get claims correct as to me it is false advertising!
I think their measurement is correct, however the wording could of been better. I measured everything this morning and they are spot on with 1 inch. (Depending on what you measure)
Got pic will send or post if you want

Not having these issues brothers, not showing any in videos except at a few landings. I recalibrate gymbal and adjusted same in settings. Also and most importantly, only one end completely clips on leg so that the other end can be pushed on. It is a great design. If these are loose then that is an issue.
Stressing the legs on take off I will not address as I don't understand that and there would be about Zero % stress on landing gear on take off.

Great explanation.
But I for one don't want to recalibrate my gimball to offset a pair of legs that might help occasionally in an anti tip situation.

I think their measurement is correct, however the wording could of been better. I measured everything this morning and they are spot on with 1 inch. (Depending on what you measure)
Got pic will send or post if you want
Yes you are correct. I was wrong like you say the wording could be better. I checked their site this morning , I was under the impression that you would get an extra inch clearance on top of what you already have with the camera to the floor. My mistake!

So are you saying that a 're calibration would help fix the issues of the legs getting in the camera? Also what other settings on the app have you done to prevent this I would love to try too see if it makes a difference. Cheers buddy.

Interested to see how just snapping the legs at an angle works out for you. Can you post a pic of it when it's all done? Also it's effects during flight and video operations.
Sure will do.

Just received and installed Landing Gear from Polar Pro on my P3A. What a difference! Easy on and of and material is very durable, lightweight with plenty of flex.

Here is pic installed.

[file]PolarPro LG|none[/file]
I totally agree with your comment my friend but there is a small issues concerning the landing gears.
If you fly in windy weather and especially if you are using guards on top of those landing gears then in some certain moments you might film the front edge of the landing gear something which is less or more a similar situation with the filming of the guards and propellers.
All the best
Nikolas

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31