POLAR PRO LANDING GEAR

Reaction score
Just received and installed Landing Gear from Polar Pro on my P3A. What a difference! Easy on and of and material is very durable, lightweight with plenty of flex.

Here is pic installed.

[file]PolarPro LG|none[/file]

I keep thinking about buying a set but I hand catch. Those are the best pics that I've seen so far and they look great :D

Reactions: Solar Deity
Thanks. I don't or will never hand catch.

Thanks. I don't or will never hand catch.
yea, and with that landing gear, take off's and landings are so much better then stock that there's no need to hand catch. You have me sold for sure :)

Reactions: The English Guy
Just received and installed Landing Gear from Polar Pro on my P3A. What a difference! Easy on and of and material is very durable, lightweight with plenty of flex.

Here is pic installed.

[file]PolarPro LG|none[/file]
I also have the pp landing gear and their great for take off & landing! They also do look quite sexy. The downside is they only actually raise your legs 0.425 of an inch but on there website they claim 1 Inch! Bit naughty Polarpro!! Especially for people who buy these for extra camera clearance. I've had 6 flights with these and unfortunately they appear in the video footage every time, and I fly slow and smooth, gutted really because I love the look of these things. I found this with their filters they say that the dji uv filter weighs 3 grams so by adding one of their ND filters only adds 1.64 grams, but in fact the dji filter weighs 2 grams so in theory you are adding an extra 2.64 grams, still nothing to much to worry about, but polar pro have to get claims correct as to me it is false advertising!

I'm thinking of modifying the polar pro legs so that they come out at the side and not the front that would sort out the problem with legs in video, I'll post pic on here when done... Happy New year every one.

I'm thinking of modifying the polar pro legs so that they come out at the side and not the front that would sort out the problem with legs in video, I'll post pic on here when done... Happy New year every one.

Then they would show when you pan correct

At least they admitted on their product page vs finding out afterwards
"Note: During rapid horizontal pans the Legs will be in the corner of the frame, just as the stock landing gear can appear during rapid horizontal pans. "

At least they admitted on their product page vs finding out afterwards
"Note: During rapid horizontal pans the Legs will be in the corner of the frame, just as the stock landing gear can appear during rapid horizontal pans. "
Sure I did see that too, but my last flight yesterday I had them appear 5 times in a 19 minute flight, this was flying slowly no rapid pans or yaws. if your flying into a little wind they can also appear, I would say that they would be better for photography as oppose to video! I do love the look of these though, having a black phantom with these legs looks wicked.

Then they would show when you pan correct
No incorrect, top picture fitted as standard, bottom pic you can see that the angle if mounted this way would not intrude into camera field. I gonna cut the middle section out and just have the 4 corners that will individually clip on to the standard p3 legs.the polar pro legs weigh 16 grams each so doing this will i think will half the weight which is always a good thing.
IMAG0531.jpg
IMAG0532.jpg

Reactions: Ian MacGregor
I tried these but am returning them, they look great but only one side of each leg securely clips to the stock landing gear.. the other side wraps around the leg but does not clip securely to it, they move around a little when mounted and I dont like that.. Also they seem fairly heavy for something that is not really necessary, not a good thing.. Lastly I thought the legs might show uo in video, seems like that is the case.. They do look great though

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4