POLAR PRO LANDING GEAR

It just so happens these polar pro landing legs arrived this morning for me :)

Unfortunately these have arrived before my drone so can't yet comment on the effectiveness :confused:

One thing is didn't research was whether the extra length interfered with the camera (as in can you see the legs when pointing down) this will be a real bummer if they do ?

Thanks

Unfortunately these have arrived before my drone so can't yet comment on the effectiveness :confused:

One thing is didn't research was whether the extra length interfered with the camera (as in can you see the legs when pointing down) this will be a real bummer if they do ?

Thanks
POLAR PRO LANDING GEAR | DJI Phantom Forum

No incorrect, top picture fitted as standard, bottom pic you can see that the angle if mounted this way would not intrude into camera field. I gonna cut the middle section out and just have the 4 corners that will individually clip on to the standard p3 legs.the polar pro legs weigh 16 grams each so doing this will i think will half the weight which is always a good thing.View attachment 39066 View attachment 39069

That black looks great! Kinda like my good old Syma X8c.. did you take everything apart and paint it yourself or were you able to buy it like that?

Reactions: stoneyb245
Not having these issues brothers, not showing any in videos except at a few landings. I recalibrate gymbal and adjusted same in settings. Also and most importantly, only one end completely clips on leg so that the other end can be pushed on. It is a great design. If these are loose then that is an issue.
Stressing the legs on take off I will not address as I don't understand that and there would be about Zero % stress on landing gear on take off.
Again, these are my professional opinions
How does recalibrating the gimbal and adjusting same in settings affect the cam view?

Yeah, I had problems sometimes with a "Gimble can't initialize" error when taking off from grass, as the grass kept the camera from moving during initialization.
I bought a set of clip on extensions that are pretty cool, but I decided to add couple tubes to them I made from modified RC helicopter landing skids. Heavier than the Polar Pro's (Which I have also) but they raise the machine up a good 1". The Polar Pro's are very nice.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

That black looks great! Kinda like my good old Syma X8c.. did you take everything apart and paint it yourself or were you able to buy it like that?
No to scared to take it apart so I taped up and used blue tac in all the gaps, little time consuming 1 coat of black car spray will add 9 grams to your p3!

Thanks
They will get in camera view unfortunately. Not so much with camera pointing down but more so with yaws n pans if you fly really slow n smooth it will help , I had them appear 5 times in a 19 minute video!

Thanks. So adding 32 g has no discernible effect on operations?
Well my total p3 weight gain with mods is 9 grams paint job, 4 grams nd variable filter, 32 grams landing gear, carbon fiber blades - 2 grams all comes in at 43 grams more than the standard weight! Still got 19 mins with 13 percent left! Seems to fly the same with landing gear on or off to me.

Well my total p3 weight gain with mods is 9 grams paint job, 4 grams nd variable filter, 32 grams landing gear, carbon fiber blades - 2 grams all comes in at 43 grams more than the standard weight! Still got 19 mins with 13 percent left! Seems to fly the same with landing gear on or off to me.
Good info. Thanks

My evaluation for Polar Pro landing gear:

1. Very well designed and made
2. Plastic pieces priced at ridiculous high price
3. Utility is questionable as hand catching is a safer practice

Good question as well as good timing, as I was going to mention why in this thread later.
Why? Most likely that I want to operate an aircraft exactly the way it was designed to fly and LAND, especially LAND! ! I'm just speaking for me and my standards. Additionally, a lot of folks who take up flying on their own any aircraft never practice landings. Probably the most important aspect of flight, not just for UAV/Drones but for all. This also applies to flying in real world. Again, this is my personal standards. Maybe, just maybe I might hand catch in an emergency. I practiced that as well. I have some hours on my Phantom but over 70% are take off and landing. Had some curves to learn, with the help I got from some of the great folks here, figured out my training plan. I can stick a landing just about any condition now. I installed the landing gear as a support and protection.
Hope this answered your question Rod
Thankyou and very well written !

Thankyou and very well written !
I flew RC Helicopters since 2003. Landing was pretty tricky in the beginning, but after several "boom strikes" over couple weeks, it was very easy. The quads practically land themselves in comparison. Just put it an inch or so over the ground and put it down. Also what is interesting is it was always considered kind of dangerous to "catch" a helicopter instead of land it as rotor tip speeds averaged at 200 mph.
I realize the quads are very tame compared to that, but IMHO, having it get close to your head/face'eyes is not a good idea.... And like quoted above, the machine was designed to land on the ground. I'm sure DJI would not recommend it....
Again, just my two cents.

Reactions: GunnyPapa

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj