Polar Pro Filters

Note that if you are ordering for a P4P that is not the correct link, correct page is: Phantom 4 Pro - Cinema Series - Shutter Collection

The Shutter series is ND only and the Vivid series includes a polarizing filter. I have a set of the Shutter series and they are of high quality and well made. With either set you will need to slightly modify the plastic gimbal holder (the clear plastic part used to hold the camera during transportation.)

Reactions: DronePilotOne
Note that if you are ordering for a P4P that is not the correct link, correct page is: Phantom 4 Pro - Cinema Series - Shutter Collection

The Shutter series is ND only and the Vivid series includes a polarizing filter. I have a set of the Shutter series and they are of high quality and well made. With either set you will need to slightly modify the plastic gimbal holder (the clear plastic part used to hold the camera during transportation.)
Thank you do much pryoarbek! The things you can learn from good folks in this forum is invaluable.

Thx...do you by any chance use ND4 or PL4 at dusk or dawn?
I haven't yet, but the filters just arrived a few weeks ago. I could see using the ND4 for certain dawn/sunset shots or if it's a really overcast day. You'd really have to plan ahead for dusk usage. If you were flying already and had to land and swap out filters it would be too dark by the time you were airborne again.

I haven't yet, but the filters just arrived a few weeks ago. I could see using the ND4 for certain dawn/sunset shots or if it's a really overcast day. You'd really have to plan ahead for dusk usage. If you were flying already and had to land and swap out filters it would be too dark by the time you were airborne again.
Very true! Thanks for your great input JarrodF.

I also like smiler said have the Shutter Collection for my P4P and freaking love them! Use the 8 and 16 mostly. But would love to have a 4 for early late evening flights. And I just took a Dremel tool and carved off the front round part of the gimble protector and it fits perfectly. My lens is always in a case so no need to have that piece of plastic in front of it.

I also like smiler said have the Shutter Collection for my P4P and freaking love them! Use the 8 and 16 mostly. But would love to have a 4 for early late evening flights. And I just took a Dremel tool and carved off the front round part of the gimble protector and it fits perfectly. My lens is always in a case so no need to have that piece of plastic in front of it.

8 and 16 seems the most widely used. But 4 seems unavoidable for dawn/dusk shots. Although some recommend 4 PL instead of 4 ND?
Carving out the gimble protector with a Dremel? You're a better man than I! Thumbs up!

8 and 16 seems the most widely used. But 4 seems unavoidable for dawn/dusk shots. Although some recommend 4 PL instead of 4 ND?
Carving out the gimble protector with a Dremel? You're a better man than I! Thumbs up!
I would not get one with a Polarizer unless your shooting water at certain angles. And yeah, I just cut out the round front part of the stock gimble protector so it fits all the way on correctly instead of being cocked out some. LOL. Real easy with Dremel tool.

I would not get one with a Polarizer unless your shooting water at certain angles.
That's one thing that I got straightened out about by watching Frederick Hagan's videos and asking him questions. Before that, I always used a polarizer filter or a combination polarized/ND filter. I had always figured (incorrectly) that I might as well buy combination filters as opposed to buying filters that were just ND. Now, this old dog is learning new tricks and learning to make better videos. "Good enough" is not as satisfying as it yewsta was. :cool:

That's one thing that I got straightened out about by watching Frederick Hagan's videos and asking him questions. Before that, I always used a polarizer filter or a combination polarized/ND filter. I had always figured (incorrectly) that I might as well buy combination filters as opposed to buying filters that were just ND. Now, this old dog is learning new tricks and learning to make better videos. "Good enough" is not as satisfying as it yewsta was. :cool:
I agree 100%. This video and your input is golden. From good to excellent is marginal. But it's a margin that makes the very difference.

Reactions: Bigbells
Another thing that makes a really big difference that a lot of people know but which I did not know until a couple months ago: don't use AWB (Automatic White Balance). Instead, use the pre-sets "Cloudy" or "Sunny", or set the color temperature manually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic