Point Of Interest Possible When Flying Straight Up or Down? (P3A)

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the camera "locked" on an object (similar to point of interest) but without having to fly in a circle using the point of interest flight mode? I have a p3a.

Imagine you want to keep the camera pointed at a person standing in a field. You want to fly upward so you want the camera to tilt down automatically. Is that possible? (Meaning, i don't want to use the scroll wheel to tilt the camera down manually because I can never do it as smooth as I want to).

Is this possible and I just didn't see it before???

Litchi solution:
fly from first waypoint to second one with 1 POI (person).
Thanks.

Is there any way to do it without using waypoints?

Meaning, is there any way to keep the camera fixed at one spot while flying the aircraft with the sticks?

Focus mode in Litchi will do what you’re wanting to do. I’ve used it when I wanted a single short shot and didn’t want to rent a camera crane for just that one shot.

Reactions: Just Mark
Thank you!!!
You’re welcome. Be aware though that if you’re really close to the POI it may not be as accurate as you hope. The last time I used it, I started about 12 feet from the POI and moved up and away and it was pretty much spot on. I’ve started closer than 12 feet and it was good one time, then off (just enough to screw up the shot) the next time but overall I’ve been pleased with the results.

You’re welcome. Be aware though that if you’re really close to the POI it may not be as accurate as you hope. The last time I used it, I started about 12 feet from the POI and moved up and away and it was pretty much spot on. I’ve started closer than 12 feet and it was good one time, then off (just enough to screw up the shot) the next time but overall I’ve been pleased with the results.
Thank you again!!!

Have a P4 so don’t know if yours has same camera tilt adjustments, if so you can try slowing down the tilt speed and a softer stop point(camera comes to a gentle stop), after a little practice it may help in case litchi or other means don’t solve your situation. As far as keeping the camera on an object while changing altitude and yaw at the same time I had to mod my controller to slow and soften the yaw inputs. I’m gonna try the litchi idea next.

Have a P4 so don’t know if yours has same camera tilt adjustments, if so you can try slowing down the tilt speed and a softer stop point(camera comes to a gentle stop), after a little practice it may help in case litchi or other means don’t solve your situation. As far as keeping the camera on an object while changing altitude and yaw at the same time I had to mod my controller to slow and soften the yaw inputs. I’m gonna try the litchi idea next.
Thanks! Will try to do that over the next few days and head out to the airfield to practice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl