Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

One of my HTC sync cables has a really small plug on it, and it does the job perfectly.
However I can see it being a problem with a bigger one.

You should not be needing it a lot, but if so shop around for one.

__
Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse for the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

Noël said:
Yes. You will need to remove the IMU from the mount and stick it to a box.
Make sure that you start the calibration with the way the IMU is sitting in the mount!

__
Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse for the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

Most of us with the V3 gimbal have not had to do the 6-point calibration. The IMU is mounted solidly, and straight, in the gimbal now.

Nice video, but you do know that the P2V will also work at a higher attitude right? (-:

SlackerATX said:
Here's some more sample video. I'm happy with it. Some jello, but I'm not sure how god I was expecting. I supposed I could post-process the rest out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8FOYN0B2tI

BTW, this is just ripped directly off the SD card. No post-processing whatsoever.

Nice video and nice place to shoot too! This makes me feel better after checking out all of the + videos and breaking into a cold sweat while trying to keep my credit card in my pocket!

Everything on the Taco V3 is set with V3 Profiles loaded & written, P2V settings made as suggested in OP, Gimbal settings in Assistant set to ON and paramaters set and written. I even took the IMU off and did the box calibration and carefully re-installed. Powered up the TX, Wi-Fi Extender and P2V. LEDs flash and P2V makes it's beeps (all seems normal) but absolutely NO POWER to the gimbal or camera. The pitch wire is connected to the Orange pin/wire coming out of the P2v and connected to the controller pin as shown in the pictures.

What to check? NO POWER to the gimbal or camera

See anything obviously wrong?

Attachments

• 2014-04-25 20.01.27.jpg
    2014-04-25 20.01.27.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 392
  • 2014-04-25 20.02.38.jpg
    2014-04-25 20.02.38.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 401
  • 2014-04-25 20.03.20.jpg
    2014-04-25 20.03.20.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 420
Mine came loose several times where the single plug went onto the Phantom plug that comes out the bottom. I snugged it up and put some Goop on it and have had no problems since.

I'll check that again Silent. Does that single wire carry any power?

SilentAV8R said:
Mine came loose several times where the single plug went onto the Phantom plug that comes out the bottom. I snugged it up and put some Goop on it and have had no problems since.

coastaltom said:
I'll check that again Silent. Does that single wire carry any power?

SilentAV8R said:

Not sure. I think it is just the signal wire, but it is what controls the tilt on the camera.

Missing part?

So I just got my gimbal in the mail. These are the contents of the bag of parts. I assume I'm missing one of the black pieces? Can you tell if I'm missing anything else before I email them?

Taco shorted out my P2V board

Since no power is indicating to the Taco controller board, I plugged the original, white cable into my P2V camera. Powered up the P2V and no power to camera. I checked voltage on the cable and only found about 2.5 v, anywhere. Opened up the shell of the P2V and here is what I found at the end of the white data/power cable. Looks like my Taco shorted out and burned a component on the main board. Now I'm really up a creek! See the photo.

Attachments

• 2014-04-26 09.08.36.jpg
    2014-04-26 09.08.36.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 460
Good advice Silent. I don't think this was the cause here. I had everything calibrated, profiled and plugged in before I ever powered up the P2V. Had only used USB power to that point. I did here a little zitttt sound when I powered up the P2V but didn't smell anything at that point. I can replace the main board of the P2v for $60 but I'm getting a little skittish of the Taco quality.

SilentAV8R said:
Not saying this happened in your case, but the camera plug should NEVER be removed/inserted when there is power to the camera.

Warning Taco Gimbal

Just a word of warning. My Taco gimbal was working fine, but I started to notice some yaw movement in the video after only about 8-10 flights. I was trying to adjust the settings when I noticed the gimbal was very loose at the base plate connection. There are only two screws holding the arm to the plate and they had vibrated so loose that the gimbal was about to fall off the plate. If you haven't checked those two screws (you have to remove the gimbal) I would do so and add some thread lock so we don't start getting reports of dropping gimbals.

I think that the IMU on my Taco died. I am getting totally inconsistent reading from it. One minutes it is showing everything flat on level and then it will show the pitch an roll jumping all over the place and after that starting then the motors start to go crazy trying to level things off. The start of the motors lags the crazy levels by 5-10 seconds. If I let it flap around long enough it will stop and the program will show level and the gimbal in all types of weird positions. I've already ordered a new gimbal, I needed a donor for a 3 axis that I'm trying to assemble. The screw holes on the Taco main support line up exactly with the screw holes on the yaw motor from the Goodluckbuy 3 axis gimbal.

Anyone using the Taco Gimbal with the RageCams Lens mod? I need to install a counter weight to keep the camera pointing up but I want to see if anyone has a good setup for it. Thanks.

Does anyone know, or could measure the voltage coming off the 4 segment camera plug? Mine is dead at the moment. Trying to do some trouble shooting. Thanks?

Found it! See my next post.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT