PLEASE READ: "Home Point Bug" may cause RTH issues

BUT .... my advice to everyone using android ... GET RID OF Go 3.1.2 ..... BEFORE it causes loss of your model.

If you want clean stable Go and best video streaming with minimum lag - Go 2.9.1 .....

I have tested all versions from 2.9.1 up and incl. 3.1.2 on my Nexus 7 vers 2 16gb tablet and I can say without reservation .... 2.9.1 is the best.

Nigel

Reactions: Simzy666
I just saw this thread and haven't flown in awhile so I decided to open up my go app and it is showing me miles away from my house where I am right now. Normally it shows my house and that's where the blue dot usually is. Glad I found this cause I will be rolling back to a different go app. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JoBe
So... 2.91 or 3.11? Was there any useful features added to the 3.11 from 2.91? I also have upgraded to 3.12 and although haven't flown with it (I use litchi), I did notice my position was out by quite a bit, but I was inside the house at the time so I thought this might've been the reason. I did have sat lock though.

Anyway, I am about to downgrade so Nigel suggests 2.91. If there are no significant features added to 3.11 then I'll put 2.91 on
[EDIT:]
So I just downgraded to 2.91. I haven't been outside to try yet but going into the "About" page of the app now shows me my AC firmware version, whereas before it would say N/A. I know there have been a few mentions of this issue on other threads, including myself asking others if they had any idea why on some it would show F/W version and others not. It may be a coincidence but it may be the Go app versions making the difference whether it shows or not

Last edited:
Just received my P3S yesterday. I have GO APP 3.1.2 and want to change to GO APP 2.9.1 I have the .apk file for 2.9.1 however, have no idea how to load it to the tablet. Can someone give a step by step description?

I am also wondering if in GO APP 3.1.2 if I set the RTH function to "Hover" rather than "Return Home" is it likely that the quadcopter will not take off and leave me searching for it? I am now determined not to fly this new P3S until I change the APP or DJI issues a fix.

Just received my P3S yesterday. I have GO APP 3.1.2 and want to change to GO APP 2.9.1 I have the .apk file for 2.9.1 however, have no idea how to load it to the tablet. Can someone give a step by step description?

I am also wondering if in GO APP 3.1.2 if I set the RTH function to "Hover" rather than "Return Home" is it likely that the quadcopter will not take off and leave me searching for it? I am now determined not to fly this new P3S until I change the APP or DJI issues a fix.
Hover might keep it from flying a mile or two in the wrong direction, but I'd just install 2.9.1 to be safe.
Step 1 uninstall the current Go app
Step 2 set allow apk's from unknown sources in your setting
Step 3 download the new (old in this case) apk file into your device's download folder
Step 4 browse to that folder on your device, and select it (run it). Done
EDIT: Turn OFF auto update in Google Play Store, or this will be reversed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob in Sydney.
Hover might keep it from flying a mile or two in the wrong direction, but I'd just install 2.9.1 to be safe.
Step 1 uninstall the current Go app
Step 2 set allow apk's from unknown sources in your setting
Step 3 download the new (old in this case) apk file into your device's download folder
Step 4 browse to that folder on your device, and select it (run it). Done

Also, Do the two files mentioned by Nigel need to be deleted?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Also, Do the two files mentioned by Nigel need to be deleted?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
What two files ? It's only the Go app.
Also, Turn OFF auto update on Google Play Store

Last edited:
WilliamM; Thanks, I will get this accomplished tomorrow then try a flight.

WilliamM; Thanks, I will get this accomplished tomorrow then try a flight.
Also, Turn OFF auto update in Google Play Store, or this will be reversed

I have completed the roll back! I went to Google Play to uninstall GO APP 3.1.2 and there is a update... i did not take the bait and "uninstalled" 3.1.2 I will ensure I have auto update turned off, I think it already is but will check again.

2.9.1 looks a lot different than the new versions.

I have completed the roll back! I went to Google Play to uninstall GO APP 3.1.2 and there is a update... i did not take the bait and "uninstalled" 3.1.2 I will ensure I have auto update turned off, I think it already is but will check again.

I have 2.9.1 on one device of mine (cell phone), and 3.0.1 on another (tablet) and they both work well for me.

Just check the Google Play Store, I still see the same version 3.1.2 (Updated January 18, 2017). That's ten days ago, that might still be the bad version.

Has anyone actually had those problems on an iOS or is this 3.1.2 issue Android specific?

Has anyone actually had those problems on an iOS or is this 3.1.2 issue Android specific?
Android specific. I have read about some IOS interference issues, but the home point flyaways are only on the androids.

I am new to all of this so naturally I just downloaded the latest app and started flying.

I do see that if I open the app before I am connected to the drone that my home dot is like others said, about 1km NW of where I am.

I have been using the app now since I bought the drone and have used the RTH a couple of time to get comfortable with it and the process with no problems.

I usually preflight everything (Pilot) so normally I turn on the controller first, then the drone and let it settle out with checks. Then I connect to the wifi and follow that with opening the app. (I always run the app cold as when I am done I close the app)

I them wait for at least 8 sats before initiating prop start. I then lift and hover, check flight continuity and confirm home point on the map.

Doing the above, the home position always shows correctly and all is good.

Could the bug be related to a lift off before full GPS sync which then would leave the home point as discovered by the app?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

where did version 2.9.1 come from anyway , it's not listed in any of the release notes for any of the Phantom models ?
Not sure what you're referring to but it's just a Go app version that used to be. If you go to one of the web sites that stores these previous versions on their servers it's one of the past go apps that you could download among others.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I am new to all of this so naturally I just downloaded the latest app and started flying.

I do see that if I open the app before I am connected to the drone that my home dot is like others said, about 1km NW of where I am.

I have been using the app now since I bought the drone and have used the RTH a couple of time to get comfortable with it and the process with no problems.

I usually preflight everything (Pilot) so normally I turn on the controller first, then the drone and let it settle out with checks. Then I connect to the wifi and follow that with opening the app. (I always run the app cold as when I am done I close the app)

I them wait for at least 8 sats before initiating prop start. I then lift and hover, check flight continuity and confirm home point on the map.

Doing the above, the home position always shows correctly and all is good.

Could the bug be related to a lift off before full GPS sync which then would leave the home point as discovered by the app?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Not sure if you use beginners mode or maximum distance limit setting. But there does seem to be a correlation between people using one of those two modes and this unfortunate event occurring. But to answer your question my opinion NO, it does not have anything to do with GPS acquiring a Home Point prior to take off. The influx of people reporting home point resets has gone up dramatically since this version, 3.1.2.

Not sure what you're referring to but it's just a Go app version that used to be. If you go to one of the web sites that stores these previous versions on their servers it's one of the pass go apps that you could download among others.

I just reluctant to try that version since it's not listed in the official release notes and my P3S is new as of dec. 5th , worried about it being too old for my hardware, downloaded 3.1.0 by mistake and couldn't control the gimbal , 3.0.1 and 1.8.1 worked great this morning , didn't try for distance due to high winds !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4