Please help

Reaction score
Went for a short flight by the water tonight. Landed drone on the ground. Took off by it self and the Phone said disconnected from the droin. Landed write in the water. Probably about 5 feet deep. to dark to get it now and did not feel like jumping in the water. Is it a total lose ? What should I do next ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get the drone out of the water as soon as possible, let it dry completely, and assess the damage.

I can't get to it now to dark. Should i go back in the morning with a net or something **** I'll even jump in I don't care

If it's really only 5 feet deep, I suggest a canon ball instead of diving in for it ;)

Reactions: 66Fury
Chances are is toast wright ? Maybe 8 feet lol

Only time will tell.

So I jumped in and got the droin back any suggestions I'm not going to power it on for a couple of days.
a9590a7a236d6fc028465158e9ecc55e.jpg
3394961d3df4863ef4f18011b0cddbf8.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I opened her up. Didn't power it up obviously tryed to charge the battery and it melted. But how does the droin look. Don't want to buy a $150 battery and it don't work would rather put that towards a new drone.

My drone crashed into the sea had to send a diver to get it back from 6m deep. Try this it worked for me.
If it landed in salt water you need to rinse the drone immediately with fresh water (sounds crazy but you need to get rid of the salt) then open the top, blow dry it then bury it in a bag of rice for a week. Afterwards you just clean it up and stick a NEW battery (or one that hasn't seen any water) in and see if it starts. Hope it works again.

OMG, Sorry I should have said don't use or charge the battery. Those burn down houses. If I was going try that battery, I would have put it in a metal bucket of rice in the driveway for a week. Holy Crap! How about the charger?
Get that bird on ICE, I mean in RICE for week, not a weekday.;)

can be saved as long as no power has gone through the system. use a soft bristled tooth brush and gently clean up that gunk. And see if your local cellphone repair shop has a facility for an alcohol bath, if they do ask nicely if they will wash your board. everything should be fine after that.

Ok thanks guys. Cleaning it with a qtip gently most of the corrosion is coming off. guess I will buy a battery and hope for the best next week. Thanks agian. If the new battery don't work think micro center will let me return the battery ?

don't use a qtip!!! rather a soft bristle brush because you don't want to smear the dirt or corrosion away you rather want to lift it away. As for your battery you should ask the store you are buying from about that.

give it a very gentle brushing and remove all the dirt and corrosion and then bury it in rice for a week then see if you can send it for an alcohol bath (it doesn't cost much and most cellphone repair shops have it to fix water damaged cellphones)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20