Please Help! P4P Control Can't update Firmware! Transmission interference on DJI GO 4

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a used Phantom Pro 4 and he said it hasn't been used in a while. I connected it to the DJI Go 4 app and updated the firmware. Then it went to the fly screen and it is pixelated and basically black. I tried to go to the about and make sure the firmware is good but the control model GL300F is showing unknown device and not giving an option to update firmware. I tried hooking it up to Assist 2 but it tells me the control is an unknown device. Can someone please help me with this? I tried calling DJI tech support, but its just a call center in the Philippines and absolutely NO HELP! They are terrible. Please help!'

Thank you!

1576208054459.png

Sounds like you need to rebound your remote to your drone. You can look on YouTube and there’s a few videos that you can try . Hopefully it works

Maybe try removing then reloading DJI assistant 2 on your computer. A file may be corrupt.

Is your tablet or phone an Android device? Also check the compatibility chart to verify that your device is supported. I have had a few remote controllers do a similar thing with Android’s. But yet they worked just fine with an iPad. With Androids I had to install an app called Samsung smartswitch or Android connect to get those remote’s to work correctly.

Reactions: Capt KO
“ I tried to go to the about and make sure the firmware is good but the control model GL300F is showing unknown device and not giving an option to update firmware. I tried hooking it up to Assist 2 but it tells me the control is an unknown device.”

Not quite understanding the first part of this either.
You mention "unknown device" twice.

Where were you trying to go to "about" in? DJI Go 4 on your IOS or Andriod device?

Assistant 2 has to be on a PC.

Another thought.

I found this also - Make sure DJI assistant is current too.

dji.JPG

In the DJI GO 4 APP download App Store,whether it’s Android or Apple,it shows a list of compatible devices. Look to see if the tablet or phone you are using is in that list.

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a used Phantom Pro 4 and he said it hasn't been used in a while. I connected it to the DJI Go 4 app and updated the firmware. Then it went to the fly screen and it is pixelated and basically black. I tried to go to the about and make sure the firmware is good but the control model GL300F is showing unknown device and not giving an option to update firmware. I tried hooking it up to Assist 2 but it tells me the control is an unknown device. Can someone please help me with this? I tried calling DJI tech support, but its just a call center in the Philippines and absolutely NO HELP! They are terrible. Please help!'

Thank you!
Ok.....
Trying to get past the assumptions for your troubleshooting..

Was all working well prior to the update?

Exactly what steps did you take to update the firmware?

Did you update the aircraft firmware OR remote controller firmware?

What screen (make /model) device are you using?
Have you tried changing the cable the you use to connect the remote to that device?

Do you have or use an OTG cable?

I bought the drone as is. I have tried manual resetting the controller. I have tried to reset the firmware and even reverting to the old firmware on the drone. I am assuming the old owner was in the middle of an update and it failed for the controller. I have read this being a problem for a lot of people. I have tried Rebinding the controller as well. I have tried using my IPhone 7 and IPad Pro to no avail. You can’t update the controller through assist is what I was told so by DJI. Here are some screenshots of Go 4....

249B0212-E352-4B5C-885D-32BEE5A41FEB.jpeg
D9522A48-2D98-44E2-8C41-9CFE03C49DF2.png
55374838-78C3-4483-9EB5-A24E688B2220.png
4DF770AA-FB04-43D3-A932-4F04BF01CBF4.png

I am unable to update the controller firmware. It tells me it’s up to date. GO 4 seems to think it’s an Inspire controller when the drone is powered off. It’s crazy that there’s only 1 way to update the firmware on these things. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you!

I have no clue what you are talking about. I don’t see where you can choose that.
300F & E remotes:
In Go 4, tap the remote control icon. At the bottom of that page, tap advanced settings. A new page will come up that shows which model you are on. Tap the model shown, such as Phantom Pro or Advanced, and the P4 V1 line appears. Choose which P model and follow screen instructions.
have fun.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
I have the same issue, pixelated video signal. I have Phantom 4pro. Controller GL300F used to work fine but now the video is pixelated. Other than that it's fine. I verified that it's not the drone by connecting the drone to GL300e controller. Video is perfectly fine so I know it's remote controller issue. I have no idea what should be the latest controller firmware but I also can't update it though assistant or the app.
Can anyone answer:
1) what's the latest firmware for GL300F controller?
2) how to update remote controller firmware?
3) is the video pixelation caused by controller firmware or something else?

Thanks!
Screenshot_20191225-202453.jpg

Here’s what I found out. If hold the button at the top Right on DJI GO 4 screen where it shows a picture of your drone and the option to enter device at the bottom left. Press and hold the three lines for 10 seconds and the controller firmware will come up. The drone should be shut off for this. Try to refresh the firmware. I wasn’t able to refresh mine and just bought a smart controller for a great price instead. I tried to many times with so many different cables and nothing. It won’t even get to 1%. I have factory reset it by holding the c1 all the buttons on the top and c1 and c2. So shutter, record, settings, picture, and C1 and 2.

mine is still not updating. Why would you make a device with only 1 means of updating?
For as much as these things cost we deserve better. Tech support that is actually tech support is a good first step. Better tools for problem shooting is next!

I hope this helps someone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers