Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Itsagoodalife

Hi everyone , my dealership I work for is having a new site built and I have been tasked to do a time lapse video for the build , so I was thinking 1 picture per week ?? But I need to be able to fly the bird to the same exact point and camera angle everytime for what will be 6 months , it will look amazing when done but need to know what I need to achieve the same shot for 6 months ??

2. royster

I;m doing something like this right now, a "time lapse" of a 135 home building site from the first bulldozers scraping up the land to houses built. Now, I;m no expert, have only been flying a PS-A for 2 months, so the obvious place for me to do this is with a Litchi mission. I fly from same home point, using the exact same Litchi waypoint mission, whenever there is obvious changes to shoot. I may add waypoints if need be, but, I don't see the need so far.
    I will worry about how to edit all the footage shot in some semblance of a story, when the time comes.

Itsagoodalife likes this.
  3. ussvertigo

I'd like to see that, will you post?

4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

I've been on a big construction project where they had a scaffolding tower erected to hold a Gopro which was taking a couple of stills per day.
    If you have a good vantage point where you can leave a gopro that could be a good solution.
    Otherwise set up a one waypoint mission in Litchi and use that as your vantage point.

5. JAC_83

6 months, +/- 4 weeks per month = 24 images will give you 1 second of footage at 24 fps. You need to get on-site 3-4 times per week. Litchi waypoints, use more than 1 for the potential for a multi perspective composition. Adobe after effects warp stabilizer will eliminate slight shifts in the position of the UAV.

Sent from my XT1064 using PhantomPilots mobile app

cfd701 likes this.