Please help- Compass Error

Reaction score
So I have a real nice fisheye lens adapter that attaches to the old android I have laying around. (I fly with my iPhone). I strapped my Android to my phone with the lens on it in hopes of catching additional video of my flight. However my drone said “compass error” which I assume is from the metal in the phone, considering I calibrated the compass and the message was still showing. Any thoughts? Can I fly in atti mode or will that affect it too?

P3 or P4?
I assume you strapped the android to a leg of your Phantom?
P3 has 1 compass, in the bottom of one of the legs - I forget which one.
P4 has 2 compasses, 1 in each leg - so yes, likely the phone (possible the speaker or vibrator magnets) are upsetting the compass.
If you fly atti with bad compass(es) you can't rely on RTH working - it may take off in the wrong direction.
If you want fisheye video - get a old P2V - it was terrible for it!

P3 or P4?
I assume you strapped the android to a leg of your Phantom?
P3 has 1 compass, in the bottom of one of the legs - I forget which one.
P4 has 2 compasses, 1 in each leg - so yes, likely the phone (possible the speaker or vibrator magnets) are upsetting the compass.
If you fly atti with bad compass(es) you can't rely on RTH working - it may take off in the wrong direction.
If you want fisheye video - get a old P2V - it was terrible for it!

I I have a phantom 3 standard. My phone fit perfectly in between the legs, I had it so that my phone camera was capturing video opposite the side the drone camera was.

OK, so it may be the speakers magnets too close to the compass module, which is in the foot of one of the legs. You may be better with a simple "keychain" cam that you can velcro onto the battery - or somewhere away from props, compass and GPS module

OK, so it may be the speakers magnets too close to the compass module, which is in the foot of one of the legs. You may be better with a simple "keychain" cam that you can velcro onto the battery - or somewhere away from props, compass and GPS module

c2d14d9623f3d72f300b246110aaee8f.jpg

Something like that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers