play in my phantom 4 props

Reaction score
i have a dumb question,i installed after market props on my p4,they seen pretty good,and fly ok,but there is a little play in them,the mounting plats are tight,the props dont come off until you press down and turn them,but there is a little play back and forth,is that normal,?

Which prop hubs are you using. If they dont have round steel springs, you are using the old style which should be changed to the newer version.

Reactions: Capt KO
Which prop hubs are you using. If they dont have round steel springs, you are using the old style which should be changed to the newer version.
thank you,i am using the original p4 hubs,the dji props work good,just a little play in them,and the aftermarket props have a little more play then the dji props,i will change the hubs out,thanks for the reply

Reactions: Capt KO
Believe you have answered your own question, use genuine DJI props. I have never trusted the aftermarket props and other components.

As said, changing to the mount used on the P4Pro can be a lifesaver for the P4, and very cheap on Amazon.
Good luck and happy holidays

If there any play, there is simply a good chance on the start up one will fly off.
We make a set of spacers that keep the Props locked in tight which we prefer on the Phantom 4 as the Props do wear after time , let alone third party props.

There are to many incidents of props falling off to risk that.

Phamtomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain.

Reactions: fluandelvis
If there any play, there is simply a good chance on the start up one will fly off.
We make a set of spacers that keep the Props locked in tight which we prefer on the Phantom 4 as the Props do wear after time , let alone third party props.

There are to many incidents of props falling off to risk that.

Phamtomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain.
merry christmas,if i change the hubs to the p4p could i still use the p4 props?i just ordered 2 new sets from a dji retailer

We make a set of spacers that keep the Props locked in tight which we prefer on the Phantom 4
Maybe I’m not understanding this correctly.
Why would someone purchase a “spacer”
(made by you? or sold by you?)
when the aircraft operator can install the correct part (designed by DJI)
and resolve the issue?

Maybe I’m not understanding this correctly.
Why would someone purchase a “spacer”
(made by you? or sold by you?)
when the aircraft operator can install the correct part (designed by DJI)
and resolve the issue?

These parts are not spacers they are replacements parts and designed for quick release.

The Parts we make are simply inserts that go under the DJI props to make them a tighter fit.
No screws or adjustments needed.

When you compare the Prop Covers we make to others they are much more cohesive and silent compared to the Aluminum ones that you can purchase that use screws and have to be tightened and tend to rattle.

The Benefits of the Prop Covers we make solve 2 issues, they keep out the Dirt/Sand from entering the motors and they keep the Props on tight without any adjustments needed .

The only thing is you need to Purchase the Phantom 4 Wet Suit to get the Prop Covers as we do not sell them separately.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain and Rescue in the Water.

These parts are not spacers they are replacements parts and designed for quick release.

The Parts we make are simply inserts that go under the DJI props to make them a tighter fit.
No screws or adjustments needed.

When you compare the Prop Covers we make to others they are much more cohesive and silent compared to the Aluminum ones that you can purchase that use screws and have to be tightened and tend to rattle.

The Benefits of the Prop Covers we make solve 2 issues, they keep out the Dirt/Sand from entering the motors and they keep the Props on tight without any adjustments needed .

The only thing is you need to Purchase the Phantom 4 Wet Suit to get the Prop Covers as we do not sell them separately.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain and Rescue in the Water.

Another solution in search of a problem.

i have a dumb question,i installed after market props on my p4,they seen pretty good,and fly ok,but there is a little play in them,the mounting plats are tight,the props dont come off until you press down and turn them,but there is a little play back and forth,is that normal,?
BIG, FAT WARNING:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

D

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
As said, changing to the mount used on the P4Pro can be a lifesaver for the P4, and very cheap on Amazon.
Good luck and happy holidays
can you please tell me the size of the prop mount screw,the new hubs come with a cheep allen wrench,but i dont trust those cheep tools

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers