Plane detection?

Hi I am a Pilot as well as a Drone user, the flying rule states not to fly below 400ft unless approaching to land or takeoff. One exception is training for engine failure (single engine aircraft). where you select a field and approach but again the 400ft rule should not be broken.
So this Plane was breaking CAA rules. This rule also applies to Heli's.

This is the reason why we are not supposed to be flying above 400ft....

About the same here in the states but, shockingly, there are manned pilots that ignore the rules too. Go figure. I've been buzzed by helos under 150 feet AGL.

Reactions: Lenj
Actually, per FAA regs 91.119(c), manned aircraft CAN legally fly below 500 feet AGL, provided that they are over 'sparsely populated areas' and maintain at least 500' from any person, vehicle, or structure. Drone pilots who also fly over sparsely populated areas CANNOT assume that manned aircraft will not share the same airspace.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Actually, per FAA regs 91.119(c), manned aircraft CAN legally fly below 500 feet AGL, provided that they are over 'sparsely populated areas' and maintain at least 500' from any person, vehicle, or structure. Drone pilots who also fly over sparsely populated areas CANNOT assume that manned aircraft will not share the same airspace.

Both of my instances were reg violations. And both were in populated areas over people. One in close proximity to a high-voltage transmission line (he was below the wires which were 120 feet AGL). Both were reported and I never saw either again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj