Pixelation and artifacts along right side of image

Reaction score
Unboxed my unit (I said Unit:D), read manual, watched every tutorial I could get my hands on, you name it and I did it. Checked to see if my Firmware was up to date and I'm happy to report that it was. Preparing for take off and everything feels and handles wonderfully. We are now airborn!!!! For that 1 brief moment the world was a perfect place until I took a look at the right hand side of my Galaxy S3. Yeah... I know S3 is old and lame but it works! and shouldn't cause artifacts and Pixelation in my recorded footage, should it? Of course not.

I don't understand what could be causing this but after landing the copter and pulling the 16GB Lexar 633x Class 10 SD card that came with my P3P and quickly placing it into my micro sd Card adapter and then placing that into my laptop my worst fears were confirmed. Pixelation and artifacts were indeed in my recorded footage.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was your solution?

Truly yours
Scared, Lost and Pissed Off!

1. Reformat the card and try again. Make sure you stop recording before turning off the Phantom and removing the card.
2. Replace card with a Sandisk Ultra or Extreme, format and try again (32GB avail at Staples for $17).
3. Contact DJI.

Reactions: Gearie
Gearie, for #1 above, make sure you format your memory card from the DJI Pilot application.

Gearie, for #1 above, make sure you format your memory card from the DJI Pilot application.

Forgive my ignorance but, how would the format of the SD card affect the video output from the camera? That doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks gor the quick follow up. I will try reformating the card in the morning 1st. I'm hoping that is the problem. As far as the laptop I have a kick *** 16gb dual GPU monster so I'm pretty sure that's not it and the phone shouldn't effect the video that is recorded in camera directly to card. The phone is only a trigger and monitorIng station. I will also post footage by tomorrow afternoon.

Forgive my ignorance but, how would the format of the SD card affect the video output from the camera? That doesn't make sense to me.

Now that I think about your right. Sounds like more of a sensor problem doesn't it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl