Pitch motor replacement

Reaction score
I have been looking for some information on the removal and replacement of P3S pitch motor with no success. If someone could direct me to the correct place.
Or maybe give me some advice on a procedure to follow.
Thanks in advance

I have been looking for some information on the removal and replacement of P3S pitch motor with no success. If someone could direct me to the correct place.
Or maybe give me some advice on a procedure to follow.
Thanks in advance
for pitch motor you will have to take the whole thing apart in order to get to it.
i can send you a video of me taking the whole thing apart. it's a P2V+ gimbal but the procedure is exactly the same.
let me know if you need help

I ran across a video this week on U tube that show that. So I know there is one. I have taken everything apart on my gimbal trying to fix it. All the potentiometers are good and everything is lined up. Still not working right. It has me grounded.

The camera has a screw on the shaft of the motor. So the camera has to come off first. Take the 2 screws that hold the ribbon guard between the camera and the motor housing. Take 4 screws off the back of camera. Take ribbon loose from camera board. Ribbon has sticky stuff to hold it to side of camera body. Gently peel back ribbon from side of camera to expose screw on motor shaft. Remove screw and camera comes off. By removing camera it exposes 3 screws on inside motor housing. Remove 3 screws and one on outside housing. From there the motor is fully exposed. You can take it from there. When you put it back together make sure flat side of motor shaft is aligned to flat side of camera body.

Last edited:
I ran across a video this week on U tube that show that. So I know there is one. I have taken everything apart on my gimbal trying to fix it. All the potentiometers are good and everything is lined up. Still not working right. It has me grounded.

The camera has a screw on the shaft of the motor. So the camera has to come off first. Take the 2 screws that hold the ribbon guard between the camera and the motor housing. Take 4 screws off the back of camera. Take ribbon loose from camera board. Ribbon has sticky stuff to hold it to side of camera body. Gently peel back ribbon from side of camera to expose screw on motor shaft. Remove screw and camera comes off. By removing camera it exposes 3 screws on inside motor housing. Remove 3 screws and one on outside housing. From there the motor is fully exposed. You can take it from there. When you put it back together make sure flat side of motor shaft is aligned to flat side of camera body.
yeah i know, i've done about 600 of these in the past 2 years ;)

Thanks Guys for your responses
the motor will be sent out today.
I'll make a video as I preform the procedure

I know this is an old thread, and my pitch motor works, but the camera ”slips” and rotates downward about 30 degrees after the startup routine completes. The thumb wheel will rotate the camera upward so that the lens axis is parallel to the ground (0 degrees) but when the camera is in that position the tilt indicator on the controller screen shows the camera upward tilt is maxed out at about +30 degrees. When I press the C1 button, the camera rotates through 90 degrees as it should, but since it starts from the slipped position of -30, 90 degrees of rotation takes it to -120 degrees, effectively looking 30 degrees behind the drone. Your mention of the screw that fixes the camera to the shaft of the motor makes me suspect that screw has become loose, allowing the slippage to occur. Is there a flat on the shaft for the screw to bear against? Should the screw simply be tightened, or is there something to use as a thread lock to prevent future loosening? Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4