Ping GPS bracket

Reaction score
So Ping claims that we will have our devices by the end of February it seems.

Does anyone have a link to a mounting bracket for the phantoms?

I wonder if a Trackimo type bracket work?

just bumping this. Ping had me confirm my shipping address the other day. so it might be coming soon.

Does anyone have a link to a mounting bracket for the phantoms?

I was wondering that myself. From what I've seen, the Ping comes with some type of generic mounting bracket, but it doesn't appear to be of much value for the Phantoms. You might want to ask @msinger what he plans to use as I learned that he recently received his Ping. I'd be very interested in knowing myself what to use for a bracket. Good luck.

You might want to ask @msinger what he plans to use as I learned that he recently received his Ping. I'd be very interested in knowing myself what to use for a bracket.
Velcro would work. Other than that, you're going to need some kind of custom mount. The mount that comes with the tracker is likely not going to be useful for attaching it to any drone.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Velcro would work. Other than that, you're going to need some kind of custom mount. The mount that comes with the tracker is likely not going to be useful for attaching it to any drone.

I am hoping its similar to the trackimo or rf-v16 bracket which I already have plus I have the printable file in a few different designs.

I will probably just try to cram it in there for now. I have the master of the 3d file somewhere and could maybe modify it for the Ping. but I would need the device in hand first.

I will probably just try to cram it in there for now. I have the master of the 3d file somewhere and could maybe modify it for the Ping. but I would need the device in hand first

If not you, I'm sure that some clever individuals will design and print some, then sell them on ebay. Maybe you you could be ahead of that curve. Good luck.

Reactions: jakobe75
I printed this bracket.
Phantom 4 Pro Trackimo holder by ProStreet

It's a little big for the Ping, but a small zip tie at the top will keep it from falling out.
If you do use this bracket I recommend putting some small zips on the two legs as well, there are holes already for them.

additionally. I have this bracket. (image atttached).
it is also a little big for the Ping but it would work as well, they are available all over the web Amazon, Ebay for about $10-$15
I cannot find a 3d print file for this one although when you buy it, it is clearly a 3d print.

It does hold very securely to the P4, but would also need a small zip tie.
51jFkf-5EAL.jpg

Reactions: RunningWithScissors

What did you end up using for your Ping's?

This is what I am using for now until I either redesign this bracket or somebody else uploads one.
20180711_123551.jpg
20180711_123557.jpg 20180711_123606.jpg 20180711_123624.jpg 20180711_123636.jpg 20180711_123716.jpg

Here it is in flight. not the greatest pic, but bracket is working fine in flight. No sensor issues, no weight or flight issues, attached with 3 tiny zip ties two on the legs and one to keep the device in it's slot.
I havent had time to finish the remodel of the bracket to fit the Ping perfectly. but this is working great.

here is the link again.
Phantom 4 Pro Trackimo holder by ProStreet

Attachments

• 20180811_164757.jpg
    20180811_164757.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 186

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members