Pilot 3 Adv. Drone Starts Flying Erratically

Reaction score
Last night during about the midpoint of a very normal flight, my drone just went completely crazy. Fortunately, I was able (after much angst and patience) to get it home and safely out of the sky. Since then I have spent considerable time trying to figure out what is going on. I have uploaded all of my flight records up to the site healthy drones.com which tells me from what I can see, nothing is wrong with the drone according to the logs. However, this morning in an effort to [safely] replicated visually what is going on with the drone, literally within seconds it went completely out of my control, flew sideways into my tree, and slammed hard onto the ground.

Having logged ~147 (or more) flights with no accidents or issues, I'm perplexed at what is going on. When dealing with such an expensive piece of equipment, I'm hoping there is a way I can get some warranty help asap as the flying season is coming to close here soon for me.

I uploaded all of my flights to HealthyDrones.com and - of course - the flight where the drone went incredibly nuts is unable to load to their site. This morning's test was to make sure that I could repeat the error and in fact it only took a few seconds to do so.

One thing I've noticed is that when the drone is rising to go on a flight, sometimes it acts (for lack of a better term) like it's sneezing. I know, odd. However, I don't know if it's related to the bigger issue. For now, I have had to sadly ground it until I figure out what's going on.

Any help (since DJI doesn't ever respond to my emails) would be really appreciated!

Do a complete IMU calibration.

Is that different than the option IMU Calibration in the Sensors menu (I use iOS if that matters)?

Did this and no dice. I'm inclined to return to sender. DJI's support is terrible (non-existent).

Did this and no dice. I'm inclined to return to sender. DJI's support is terrible (non-existent).
There have been recent reports of 14 day turnarounds-- would hurt calling them

Hey guys, thanks all for your comments. I sent it in and as Bob Myers indicated, their turnaround was phenomenal. While they didn't tell me what they did, the bird is back up, flying awesome, and I'm back in my happy place! Thanks again!

Reactions: bobmyers
Were you in normal mode or home lock... i find home lock flies erratically

I was in Normal mode (sorry, I didn't realise there was a reply). I'm convinced that there was a combination of a compass error AND GPS error.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl