Pictures

Reaction score
Is anyone having an issue taking photos!? Every time I take a photo my screen freezes and I loose transmission. I get a signal warning for about 3 seconds then everything comes back! I tried taking a photo in Litchi as well with similar issues, the picture never drops out, but it freezes for a second or 2, I have not never had an issue up until today. I am on the latest go4 version and Have the firmware before the most recent one. Please help!!

Which drone and what are you using for a display?

Maybe you had been using 5.8ghz frequency, but it swapped to 2.8 so now you see issues?

I had a minor issue once and think it was partially due to video caching on the tablet. Airplane mode I have read can help too.

Also, unless you were flying in a previously flown area, maybe the location had something to do with it.

Which drone and what are you using for a display?

Maybe you had been using 5.8ghz frequency, but it swapped to 2.8 so now you see issues?

I had a minor issue once and think it was partially due to video caching on the tablet. Airplane mode I have read can help too.

Also, unless you were flying in a previously flown area, maybe the location had something to do with it.

I am using the phantom 4 advanced with an iPad Air 2. Up until today I have had 0 issues

Sorry - our posts crossed when typing....

Is anyone having an issue taking photos!? Every time I take a photo my screen freezes and I loose transmission. I get a signal warning for about 3 seconds then everything comes back! I tried taking a photo in Litchi as well with similar issues, the picture never drops out, but it freezes for a second or 2, I have not never had an issue up until today. I am on the latest go4 version and Have the firmware before the most recent one. Please help!!
Yes, as EhmayWuntee has suggested, it might well be that your device doesn't have sufficient processing power...

Can you please supply some more information, such as details of your device, which drone you have (I would guess a P4 of some sort), any changes/updates you have made recently and your current versions of software and hardware. Have you had any crashes recently or is there any other unusual behaviour of your drone that you might have noticed?

Have you disabled all non-necessary apps on your device and set it into airplane mode?

Are you sure that you aren't trying to run dji go and Litchi together and that one or the other is definitely closed?

It s a P4a, with an iPad Air 2 I have used since day one! The newest version of the app and the firmware is drone June, the One before the newest. I have NOTHING on my iPad except LitchI and dji go 4. Before I go into either of them I force close whichever one I’m not using. Been doing it that way since day one

It s a P4a, with an iPad Air 2 I have used since day one! The newest version of the app and the firmware is drone June, the One before the newest. I have NOTHING on my iPad except LitchI and dji go 4. Before I go into either of them I force close whichever one I’m not using. Been doing it that way since day one
Sounds like you've done everything quite correctly and it seems strange that you should suddenly get a problem. I'm certainly no expert on iOS stuff but I bumble through with Android, but that's of no help to you. :)

I think I'll step aside and hope that someone else comes up with more help for you....

Unfortunately I can’t be of much more help either other than to have you clarify a few more things that I don’t fully follow and it can help someone else give advice.

You said newest version of DJI Go, was it recently updated to that or working fine on that version previously?

You said on the drone it is the version before the latest, same question, you used that version (and combo with the app) before or recently changed it?

Do you typically use airplane mode on the iPad?

Were you flying in a brand new location or a previously confirmed “good” location? Maybe try a known location and see if it’s faulty again or just a 1 time deal.

Maybe double check the settings in the app to be sure nothing changed like the video caching I mentioned previously.

Unfortunately I can’t be of much more help either other than to have you clarify a few more things that I don’t fully follow and it can help someone else give advice.

You said newest version of DJI Go, was it recently updated to that or working fine on that version previously?

You said on the drone it is the version before the latest, same question, you used that version (and combo with the app) before or recently changed it?

Do you typically use airplane mode on the iPad?

Were you flying in a brand new location or a previously confirmed “good” location? Maybe try a known location and see if it’s faulty again or just a 1 time deal.

Maybe double check the settings in the app to be sure nothing changed like the video caching I mentioned previously.

I haven’t flown in a couple of weeks due to the weather, the only thing that has changed is the app version, and that really makes no sense bc litchi is doing it too! Litchi has always been my go to when the go4 app was acting buggy

I haven’t flown in a couple of weeks due to the weather, the only thing that has changed is the app version, and that really makes no sense bc litchi is doing it too! Litchi has always been my go to when the go4 app was acting buggy
I have had a similar problem with my Phantom 4 Pro and an iPad Mini 4. The iPad has 64GB of RAM, and I have never had the problem before. It started about a month ago, but no correlation with any software changes on DJI4 Go. The picture freezes on the screen. The controls freeze. And I have to shut down the app and restart to get it back. Then after taking a few more pictures, it does it again. I shoot in RAW, but I don't seem to have that problem taking video, which I would think would be pushing a lot more data through the camera and the iPad.

I have had a similar problem with my Phantom 4 Pro and an iPad Mini 4. The iPad has 64GB of RAM, and I have never had the problem before. It started about a month ago, but no correlation with any software changes on DJI4 Go. The picture freezes on the screen. The controls freeze. And I have to shut down the app and restart to get it back. Then after taking a few more pictures, it does it again. I shoot in RAW, but I don't seem to have that problem taking video, which I would think would be pushing a lot more data through the camera and the iPad.

Same, I have NO issues with video, just photos

I don’t know if it’s just coincidence or not but for now my phantom seems to be working the way it should!! I contacted DJI a couple hours ago and explained what was happening, they went through the normal questions like everyone did here and seemed to be just as stumped! As they were getting a repair ticket together for me the tech asked me if I tried to switch out memory cards, which I never even thought of bc I have been using this memory card for quite sometime now. Long story short lol, I changed the card out and it seemed to fix the issue. I took it out right after I got off the phone and ran a pack through it and it work normally!! I spent hrs last night Recalibrating doing factory reset everything I could think of lol, and it was as simple as changing out an sd card!! I guess it just went bad?? Thank you to everyone who tried to help!!

That is odd because you said video worked, but photos didn't and I'd think an SD card would have more trouble with video.

Was it the one that came with the drone or something you bought yourself? If so, which brand and model? Not saying it will be a pattern and need to avoid them, but i'd be curious to know.

Glad you got things figured out and are able to run again!

I know I was thinking the same thing but it worked! I only flew for 20min but before that every picture I took I lost video feed, this flight it didn’t happen once!! And to answer your question no, I want using the card it came with, it came with a 16gig sony, sd card, I upgraded( or so I thought) to a 64gig Samsung eco select. I wanted the extra storage and this one had faster write and read speeds. I am going to run a couple more batteries through it this weekend and if all goes well I am doing to get a scan disk pro

That is odd because you said video worked, but photos didn't and I'd think an SD card would have more trouble with video.

Was it the one that came with the drone or something you bought yourself? If so, which brand and model? Not saying it will be a pattern and need to avoid them, but i'd be curious to know.

Glad you got things figured out and are able to run again!

So it turns out it wasn’t the sd card, the drone for that flight just happen to work! Yesterday I went to take it out and when I powered it on the gimbal was limp!! I immediately power cycled everything which seemed to solve that problem but once it started again the gimbal started making a high pitch noise on start up then began to loose video feed once I took a picture! I am sending it to DJI. It’s disheartening when you know nothing happened to it to cause such an issue yet here I am!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen