picture flickers with ipad?

Reaction score
Recently bought a phantom 4 . Using it with my IPhone I had a good pic. with no flickering but it was too small.I bought an ipad 9.7 and have a much larger and better picture but it flickers quite often.Any ideas?

Flickering is caused mainly by two factors: loose connection or unable to sync frames.

Check for usb cable and its connection.
You need to have good network connectivity, less interference, enough available processing power..... use airplane mode, dedicated tablet, no other app running, away from the crowd etc etc. figure out what’s causing noise in the environment.

Apple slows down processing capabilities if the battery in the iPad is getting older. That’s also one of the causes for bad performance during video streaming needing heavy and fast processing.

It happened to me every time I flew my P4 with my iPad Air (the last iOS 11 version). Then, I switched to my Nexus 5 (Android 6, an old, but a very reliable phone) and the image is just perfect with DJI GO 4. No glitches, no app crashes, everything so much better than with the iPad. In the future, I’m going to test an older iPad 4 with iOS 10, in order to see if this is the cause of the problem or not, but if I want a comfortable fly, I’m sure I will use the Nexus phone.

I think iOS 11 is unusable in slightly old devices.

Last edited:
Also another reason for flickering is when you face near the sun. The blades causes shadows giving a flickering effect too

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl