Photos of 35-acre facility, help please?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have done a lot of real estate shoots, but now have a job photographing a 35-acre facility. The final image will be straight down, and will be used to lay 3-D models over.

I'll fly at 400 feet, and know that I will need a lot of photos for stitching.

Could you PLEASE tell me how you would go about this if you had never done it before?

Any advice on pricing is also greatly appreciated.

I use the map pilot app by maps made easy. Missin planning is straight forward, the bird will fly and capture the photos autonomously. You can plan mission height, overlap, etc. I then upload the photos to maps made easy for processing. At 400 ft, you will have about 2 in resolution. I usually fly with 80-85 % overlap. The processed results inlcude thecorhto map, 3D elevation maps as well as others. At 35 acres, you might come in under the 250 point limit to have the photos processes at no cost. If not, you purchase points and just pay as you go. Main potential problem is that the app is iOS only. You can do similar mission planning and flying wit the Drone Deploy app. Photos can either be processed by DD or MME. Photos taken by either app are suitable for processing by either service.

Hello,
I have done a lot of real estate shoots, but now have a job photographing a 35-acre facility. The final image will be straight down, and will be used to lay 3-D models over.
I'll fly at 400 feet, and know that I will need a lot of photos for stitching.
Could you PLEASE tell me how you would go about this if you had never done it before?
Any advice on pricing is also greatly appreciated.
It's quite difficult and complicated to do yourself but very easy when you use an app like DroneDeploy to do the hard work for you.
This post outlines how it all works: Panorama by shooting straight down and moving P4P?

Thank you for that Richard. I actually downloaded Drone Deploy app and will go out to try it this afternoon.

Any advice on pricing for something like this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel