Photos from video

Reaction score
Up till recently if I wanted to take some photograph stills from a video recorded on my san disk on my P3 Pro, I attached the disc to my MacBook pro. I replayed the video till I reached something I thought would make a good still photograph. I stopped the video, shared it and it ended up in 'pictures' . Later, I went into pictures on my laptop, retrieved the still photograph and put it into Photos. (from pictures to photos). I could then use Apple editing to improve the photograph. However, since upgraded to Catalina a week ago, when I do what I did before it now goes direct to Photos but the whole video is transferred not the photograph. What am I doing wrong. How do I get photos from my video. Help !!!!

I don't know what you mean by 'share it' after you stop the video. What app does that? Forget about sharing, it aint twitter. When you pause the video to the frame you want, simply use screenshot app to save it. I keep Screenshot in my dock for that reason. Then you can right click on the file on your desktop and open it in Preview for a quick edit, or whatever program you use to edit images. Elements sounds like the best one you have, though it is old and discontinued.

I know of several ways... 1) Play movie, in Quicktime or something, Stop where you like. Make movie as large as possible. Use "Shift+apple+4" to do a "selectable" screen shot. ( "Shift+apple+3 does whole screen, but 4 allows you to select what area to capture.) ..... 2) Quicktime Pro allows you to "export" a movies individual frames! But beware, a 30sec movie, shot at 30frames/sec = 900pictures!!! Let me know if you need more help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers