Phone mount alternatives for the P3S

sounds like your clamp is on the high side of tolerance and won't tighten enough. Mine has a metal collet for the screw. Check if it is spinning free when you get new screws in.
Go to hardware store with screw and get some longer ones so you can add a locknut to it.
But a strip of electrical tape will thicken the rod, and wont hurt anything.

20161207_195515.jpg

I tried the phone holder mentioned in one of the earlier posts (see attached image) and I can confirm it works quite well, solid, no drilling required, definitely worth the $7 I paid for it on eBay. If your phone fits, I recommend it.

I then switched to a 7" tablet, too large for that holder, so I purchased the DJI Inspire 1 mount (like the one in the post above, $30 on Amazon). I decided NOT to drill my RC, at least not until my P3S is under warranty. What I did instead was to remove the thumbscrew (there's a small grub screw on the back of the mount), and used double-sided 3M VHB tape along the length of the mount, where it runs parallel to the RC. Since there is quite a gap between the mount and the RC, I actually sandwiched a small strip of lexan (plexiglass) between two pieces of VHB tape, and that gave me the perfect thickness. It's very solid, not a wobble, at least with my small tablet.

s-l1600.jpg

CrispyClaret,

I received this phone mount today. As you said no instructions but it was pretty easy to figure out from the pictures on Amazon. Just took the sim for a flight and I think this is going to be a HUGE game changer.

Only minor nit is having to loosen one of the bolts to fold the mount back so it'll fit into my case, but that's so minor compared to the plusses I don't even care really.

Again thank you SO much for the recommendation!!

be careful about blocking the antenna
Can anyone tell me if I have a P3S can I plug my mobile in to the remote with a double micro usb? I know it can work wireless but Im hearing some stories about lost connections???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT