Phew... I’m DONE! 6.7 Mile Flight!!!

While I'm not a "goody two shoes" I find your little stunt to be dangerous and irresponsible. Certainly not good for the drone community. And, I don't believe your spotter story for a second. Please post your video on YouTube!

Please list all the deaths in the last 10 years from DJI drones....Oh wait....there arent any....get a life! Its a TOY! The risk of dying by a phantom 4 are thousands if not MILLIONS of times less than getting eaten by a shark, lightning strike, spider bite....etc. Never ceases to amaze me the paranoia some drone flyers have. Its not the public that is making drones seem unsafe but other drone flyers with a stick up their rear who are TELLING the public to panic and be afraid of drones!

Now you need Paul's P4P battery mod to support that range on a round trip! :D
Please list all the deaths in the last 10 years from DJI drones....Oh wait....there arent any....get a life! Its a TOY! The risk of dying by a phantom 4 are thousands if not MILLIONS of times less than getting eaten by a shark, lightning strike, spider bite....etc. Never ceases to amaze me the paranoia some drone flyers have. Its not the public that is making drones seem unsafe but other drone flyers with a stick up their rear who are TELLING the public to panic and be afraid of drones!

While I'm not a "goody two shoes" I find your little stunt to be dangerous and irresponsible. Certainly not good for the drone community. And, I don't believe your spotter story for a second. Please post your video on YouTube!

I don’t give a rats *** what you BELIEVE. If the telemetry wasn’t there you wouldn’t believe I managed to stay below 400feet or even traveled 6 miles. One could make an argument that any flight is “dangerous.” The fact is there will always be people like you passing judgement and spewing criticism behind screen names.

Seems doable to me. Just have two spotters in a car, one driving and one spotting, communicating by phone with the pilot. At 3am it would be easy to see any helicopters in the area while the pilot flies low as the spotters drive the pre planned route, presumably down a long straight road to the lighted parking lot. With the pilot following the road and the spotter team driving down the road, seems easy to follow at 30mph and stay in touch with the pilot for a safe flight. However I do agree, I would advise against posting a video.

@Darian Trotter, Was this how it was done?

Thanks John. There were several spotters on the ground. We were in constant communication.

Reactions: P4PCommander
The one on the Empire State Building, obviously.
Ah ...we have an unbeliever
FPVCustoms.com contact Paul.
I think it’s absolutely doable, and one better, I believe you did it. All the right conditions, night air, a little extra weight, enough battery to compensate for added weight & balance change...I definately wouldn’t want to go much further...lol...I think your pretty close to max distance just on power availability to support the added weight and RF degradation...and who knows what happens to RF range when battery gets below 20% at those distances.

Oh and one more thought...random hotspot interference...

I’m looking at this and another one called raptor sr

Got onE and I have not yet been impressed but I am hoping that will change..I have the new boosted dual band antennas from Jake at MAXX UAV and use it with the Raptor XR. I got the setup and powered it up and 5.8 was ALL over the place. I could get maybe 300 yards before disconnecting and RTH imitated.

I was pretty bummed and was emailing my man Jake like crazy trying to figure this out as I have a trip to the beach coming up and have been planning all kinds of fun with the drones. We replaced all the cables twice(btw..the ones that come with the Raptor suck) and I have become a pro at modding the controller. Thankfully, He called last week and said that they had identified a issue with sunhaus amps and are waiting for a shipment coming in this Monday. We shall see..

Got onE and I have not yet been impressed but I am hoping that will change..I have the new boosted dual band antennas from Jake at MAXX UAV and use it with the Raptor XR. I got the setup and powered it up and 5.8 was ALL over the place. I could get maybe 300 yards before disconnecting and RTH imitated.

I was pretty bummed and was emailing my man Jake like crazy trying to figure this out as I have a trip to the beach coming up and have been planning all kinds of fun with the drones. We replaced all the cables twice(btw..the ones that come with the Raptor suck) and I have become a pro at modding the controller. Thankfully, He called last week and said that they had identified a issue with sunhaus amps and are waiting for a shipment coming in this Monday. We shall see..
Thanks for the heads up, just FYI, his answer sounds legit...I run into this a lot...often suppliers fail at QC and let a lot or two of bad product get out to their customers...one sure way to find out is let him correct the issue with corrected sub contractor product and see if it works...if not return it.

Thanks for the heads up, just FYI, his answer sounds legit...I run into this a lot...often suppliers fail at QC and let a lot or two of bad product get out to their customers...one sure way to find out is let him correct the issue with corrected sub contractor product and see if it works...if not return it.

Yeah...No worries..Jake is great and will stand by his customers all day long. These amps are the first lot of dual band amps and they supposedly work well with the Raptor although that’s yet to be seen. If they do work, it will be awesome for us P4P owners as we won’t be limited to 2.4.

It a nice little amp package and I am excited to see the results. I have run the Raptor by itself and I did get an increase over stock but I’m not sure by how much. It didn’t feel much different but I am in the woods basically. I own the titan tactical case as well for my Mavic and I have learned that it really doesn’t matter what antenna you have, if your in the trees, your not going to see a HUGE difference. Boosted or Not.

The real test is when you can get to a somewhat open area. Then, the boosted system is clearly evident. My little Mavic using the Titan boosted case went from around 6000ft to 14,000ft no problem. However, off my back deck in the woods, it only gave me about a 30% increase. An increase nonetheless..

Below are some flights off my deck with the Stock and then the Raptor. Neither boosted..Then some with Boosted Mavic in the same area. The boosted antenna from Jake is the first I have tried with the my phantom so we hopefully see soon enough.

Stock:

6d54f2c2d444dced6bf628314a0cd351.jpg

Raptor:

7be3a1f5e713a809811f348dbe6ce1e6.jpg

Boosted Mavic off Deck:

c3db4606c1ccccf7f010ce47699c87da.jpg

Boosted Mavic in somewhat clear area:

9012f442b948829b586ec21c5393976c.jpg

Oh, and the AMP’s:

4531a1a72399933ee76a64a61d6a5c59.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Slickvolt
Yeah...No worries..Jake is great and will stand by his customers all day long. These amps are the first lot of dual band amps and they supposedly work well with the Raptor although that’s yet to be seen. If they do work, it will be awesome for us P4P owners as we won’t be limited to 2.4.

It a nice little amp package and I am excited to see the results. I have run the Raptor by itself and I did get an increase over stock but I’m not sure by how much. It didn’t feel much different but I am in the woods basically. I own the titan tactical case as well for my Mavic and I have learned that it really doesn’t matter what antenna you have, if your in the trees, your not going to see a HUGE difference. Boosted or Not.

The real test is when you can get to a somewhat open area. Then, the boosted system is clearly evident. My little Mavic using the Titan boosted case went from around 6000ft to 14,000ft no problem. However, off my back deck in the woods, it only gave me about a 30% increase. An increase nonetheless..

Below are some flights off my deck with the Stock and then the Raptor. Neither boosted..Then some with Boosted Mavic in the same area. The boosted antenna from Jake is the first I have tried with the my phantom so we hopefully see soon enough.

Stock:

6d54f2c2d444dced6bf628314a0cd351.jpg

Raptor:

7be3a1f5e713a809811f348dbe6ce1e6.jpg

Boosted Mavic off Deck:

c3db4606c1ccccf7f010ce47699c87da.jpg

Boosted Mavic in somewhat clear area:

9012f442b948829b586ec21c5393976c.jpg

Oh, and the AMP’s:

4531a1a72399933ee76a64a61d6a5c59.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online