phantom3 rc range

Reaction score
hi.... i'm francesco. this is my first post. recently i read all the post about ph3 wifi range problem. you've done a best work with papatita software and all best support.
i would like to post my experience with ph3.......
i bought ph3 3 month ago and like many owners i'd the rc range problem.... but with my technical experience on elettronic device i have some question:
before:
my firmware is 1.5.7 i dont know if it was previously updated
(30mt range)
in my drone i've checked all rc connection aerial cable
i made the papatita 20dbm mod
(40mt range with strange signal lost random)
i've installed argtek aerial on rc
(50mt range)
now............
i think these is a problem in rc 5.8 trasmitter oe drone receiver
my question is about drone aerial..... i dont find anything about this object in forum
in the lower support of drone there are two cable inside and a third that goes in the bottom of support connected to a small pcb. i think that frequently the drone can land on wet surface.... this pcb is not protected by any glue o silicon no-water protector.
what do you think about?

I ended all hopes with this drone......

hi.... i'm francesco. this is my first post. recently i read all the post about ph3 wifi range problem. you've done a best work with papatita software and all best support.
i would like to post my experience with ph3.......
i bought ph3 3 month ago and like many owners i'd the rc range problem.... but with my technical experience on elettronic device i have some question:
before:
my firmware is 1.5.7 i dont know if it was previously updated
(30mt range)
in my drone i've checked all rc connection aerial cable
i made the papatita 20dbm mod
(40mt range with strange signal lost random)
i've installed argtek aerial on rc
(50mt range)
now............
i think these is a problem in rc 5.8 trasmitter oe drone receiver
my question is about drone aerial..... i dont find anything about this object in forum
in the lower support of drone there are two cable inside and a third that goes in the bottom of support connected to a small pcb. i think that frequently the drone can land on wet surface.... this pcb is not protected by any glue o silicon no-water protector.
what do you think about?

I ended all hopes with this drone......
I think the pcb you talking bout is the compass which has nothing to do with range. If your compass got wet and failed you would know pretty quickly.

ah....ok. thank you for response.
i saw that 5.1 version make video smooth. i'll try it in the afternoon..... the wheather is rainy :-(
i dont understand if the range problem on rc 5.8ghz is due to a firmware issue or hardware problem.
for example.... when i connect android phone with the lastest dji app i cant see the firmware version on 'about' feature and pressing upper right icon for 5 sec in home page, the app still dont show firmware version.....but....
if i connect via ipad4 without drone turned-on (only rc) the app show 1.3.5.... when i turn on drone the versione became 1.5.7.
is possible that i have the rc only with a very old firmware and the last owner made a upgrade via sdcard ?
do you know if is possible to check both firmware version (drone and rc)? i dont understand reading forum, if, after sdcard drone update also the rc controller had a upgrade benefit like automatic rc dji procedure (1.6.8).
my last possibility is to disassembly drone to find some hardware cable aerial issue..... i think.
i dont understand how some owners, with the same firmware 1.5.7, reach 500mt in stock configuration and other owners only 20mt both in ce mode.

i forgot last news..... after 3.6 papatita mod to 20dbm... when i try to land drone quick pushing down left lever.... the drone i very unstable during quick landing.... it moves.....dancing around z axis. this issue only pushing down the lever up to lower position. if i land slowly all seems to be good. is not a big problem for me.
sorry for my bad language O:)

Hi again. I try 5.1 but nothig change. Wifi have no problem but 5.8 rc lost signal randomly fron 20 yo 150mt with rth.
I have argtek also.
There is some method to check rc-p3s connection log?
Sometimes lost signal in 4mt
I notice that depend on p3s position on z axis maybe the drone antenna position.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj