Phantom2 irregular wobble/shake

Reaction score
I've got a Phantom 2 that was flying pretty well. No vibration and was getting some nice shots through the GoPro.
Last week I clipped a tree and broke a blade as well at the mount for the H23D.
I've replaced the props with a set from Helipal but now the P2 has this weird wobble during flight that makes any sort of filming impossible.
I'm confident that it's not a problem with the props as the wobble isn't a regular vibration like you'd expect if one were out of balance. I've swapped them all around and the problem persists. The wobble will come and go every few seconds and it feels like it's about to do a flyaway any minute. I probably have about 70% control of the thing at the moment and it won't hover in one spot, but instead wants to wander around all over the place.
I've done the compass and IMU calibrations, but no change. The GPS antenna appears to be connected properly and in one piece.
Not sure what to look for next. Any ideas?

Cheers
Neil

I think I know EXACTLY what the problem is. The other day I had a few sets of props arrive from Helipal for my P2. They looked exactly like the DJI props but were made by Airy (sp?). Anyway, I put them on for a short test flight and was absolutely astounded at how badly the Phantom performed. It shook, twitched, made an awful deep droning noise and on one occasion actually flipped over on take-off. It was simply unflyable so before I crashed it hard I took all the fake DJI blades off and literally threw them in the bin. When I looked back at the Helipal site I found that they actually sell the Airy and the DJI blades almost side-by-side except the DJI blades cost a little more. Needless to say I have now re-ordered the correct blades and I will not be using any aftermarket junk on my bird again. Shame on Helipal for selling such ****. :evil:

Yes the motors are all tight. I did have one start to come loose a while ago, but tightened it up and it didn't actually cause a problem.
It could be the props I guess. They do look identical to the DJI ones but they're the Airy brand. I'll order some DJI ones and see what the difference is. Did that fix your problem Pete?

Hey guys
i think i have had same problem . i purchased some carbon props for my p2 vision hoping to improve performance , but straight after take off the p2 come screaming straight back at me so i sent it up quick to avoid any collision with me or the neighbours house until i could get control again . It was very irregular to fly with motors revving in consistently without me using controls so i brought it down before it went flying away into the wilderness. Iam guessing the prop need balancing ???
Any advice would be appreciate
Thanks Brad

I am guessing CF props are crap an OE make way more sense...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures