Phantom Vision 2+ went for a swim

Reaction score
Ok Bug problem, My phantom Vision 2+ for some unknown reason just decended into the ocean this afternoon. I'm a nebie so I'm not sure if it was my fault but down it went. I did not have my fingers on the controls as far as I can remember.

Now, I've taken it apart and cleaned everything with fresh water. I'm going to get some compressed air to blow out the water and some electrical cleaner / dryer that is used on boats electronics that get submurged and gonna give it time to dry out.

Any tips?

The battery started to burn up once I brought the phantom up from the bottom so I'm sure that is gone and the housing got a little scorched but seems to be OK. I pulled the battery as soon as I noticed it starting to burn.

Any help will be appreciated. Any hope for the camera?

Also, When I took the housing apart the plug from what I believe is the antenna came out of it's plug. Anyone know which pins that plugs into?

Thanks

Sorry to hear it downed in saltwater. If it was a freshwater dunking there might have been some hope, alas I dont think I have heard of any ressurections from saltwater, Phantoms or cameras. I doubt even the preverbial sack of rice will have powers. Sorry I cant be any more encouraging. :(

Sorry to say , it's toast. How low was your battery ? I don't understand why a total newby would fly over the oven ? No chance of saving it if you or it screws up.
Not picking on you , but I read this all the time.

Mori55 said:
Sorry to say , it's toast. How low was your battery ? I don't understand why a total newby would fly over the oven ? No chance of saving it if you or it screws up.
Not picking on you , but I read this all the time.

Nice typo! I'm no newbe but think my wife would object to me flying over the 'oven' . I get 'transmission errors' like that all the time! LOL

well I took it all apart and blew all the water out and disconnected all the plugs and cleaned out everything with electrical cleaner and anti corrosive spray. It looks OK, so I am going to give it some time to dry out and give it a try. I really have nothing to lose.

First thing to do is to dismantle the bird completely and open any thing you can open.
Take pictures in the main wile upon how things goes together again.
The only salvage you can do is to get as many fresh water were the salt water was and rinse it plenty.
If any salt Cristal is left behind its going to ruin ( now or in the long run ) the bird.
Salt attacks moist and therefore going to corrode the parts.
Let it dry for a long time. Compressed and/or heated air isn't going to be enough. It takes time to dry the bird.
Good luck !

You can try it but I'm telling you it's a waste of time. That salt is in the controller and motors ,gimbal, how are you going to get it out of there? Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl