Phantom Rain - Rescue jacket for Boaters

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Flying over the water comes with some risk, add the boat to the equation and odds increase of something going wrong.
There are dozens of drone pilots that will loose there drone this year as the lakes, oceans and rivers will draw them in.

We created the Phantom Rescue Jacket to float your phantom so you can fly over the water with minimal risk and we quickly found that one of the
added benefits was the increased line of sight over the water , in the sky , the drone was much easier to see .

Goes without saying, the phantoms are on the endangered list

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in and out of the storm.
\

So what happened to the demonstration of the flotation properties of the P4 with the Rescue Jacket ? You had a convenient river right there ... all you had to do was throw it in !

Reactions: tribar and Mauiskye
Visibility is certainly better. It floats. Does it still work after drowning? I don’t see the floating phantom rescue jacket on your website.

Last edited:
Visibility is certainly better. It floats. Does it still work after drowning? I don’t see the floating phantom rescue jacket on your website.

We have found that if the lights stay on there is a good chance that the drone will be able to fly again. Keep in mind that this in in fresh water. In this case we were able to let it dry and fly again the next day as the lights stayed on. The more you can protect the battery , the better chance you have of flying again. .

Trouble is though ... unless its really clean fresh water that has not filtered through rock / mountains etc. - the electronics can still be zapped.
Even rain itself can be mild acid due to the CO2 etc it absorbs. Its what carves the crevices .. makes stalagmites etc. carbonic acid dissolving limestone etc.

I dunked my P3S in the freshwater river at back of my house. The only working parts when rescued were the motors. One of those died month later grounding the SK450 I fitted them to.

Trouble is though ... unless its really clean fresh water that has not filtered through rock / mountains etc. - the electronics can still be zapped.
Even rain itself can be mild acid due to the CO2 etc it absorbs. Its what carves the crevices .. makes stalagmites etc. carbonic acid dissolving limestone etc.

I dunked my P3S in the freshwater river at back of my house. The only working parts when rescued were the motors. One of those died month later grounding the SK450 I fitted them to.

That is why we do not make the Wet Suits for the P3.

As far as Acid in the rain, we have been flying in the rain now for 2 years and have seen zero evidence of that.

Perhaps the third year will show some signs of stalamites or carbonic acid or some other drone eating disease but for now were still flying the Phantom 4 and seeing that we fly everyday it rains, we are keeping a closer watch them most.

As far as electronics getting zapped , thats why designed and engineered the Phantom Rain Wet Suits.

The wet suit are designed to give some added protection to the ZAP. :oops:

We are making a new product to Launch from the water without getting the camera wet with a detach system. Coming soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20