Phantom Pilots of Southern California

Any good spots to fly in the OC for Memorial Day? Looking for a spot to get some good landscape shots and video.

Im in Fountain Valley. There are some great places to fly that are both within AMA guidelines (Costa Mesa and FV) and on the outside of that. Great canyons near Laguna beach, Cliffs off HB, lots of stuff. My list is getting long. Id love to hear about other pilots favorite spots.

James

Does mile square still have a model airplane field or can ya fly there

Has anyone ever run in to problems flying at HB city beach? One of the head lifeguards told me I can't fly at the beach. I obeyed and left.

I'm in Bel Air, in the Hollywood hills on the side of a mountain overlooking canyons, lots of nice scenery in the area and the Stone Canyon reservoir. (Lake really) I'm about 10 minutes from Encino/Sherman Oaks and the RC flying field, but the best flying area I have seen is literally in the canyons in my own backyard.. If someone is interested to do some flying here PM me..

Any decent places to fly in the Long beach/Carson area where you won't get hassled?

Any decent places to fly in the Long beach/Carson area where you won't get hassled?
I usually fly at the "cricket" park on Colorado. Here is where I usually fly:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We should fly together sometimes!

I fly right in the street in front of my house! I live on a cul-de-sac and at the other end of the street is a large wash about a mile wide, leading all the way up into the mountains.. Lots of open area here. :)

Lucky you...wish I had a place like that! Right now, I'm still looking for a place where I can fly my P3A:(

With all these ridiculous faa and local restrictions im finding it hard to find good loacations. FAA has app b4ufly and almost everything is in 5 mile radius of airport of some type. They even consider helipads for fire evacuation as airports. Sometimes i get a list of 15 airports they want me to contact without posting phone numbers all to take an aerial selfie.

Here's some video I took yesterday.. My 3 or 4th flight:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice video and this only your 3rd or 4th flight? I hope I can find a place soon so I can practice and get to take some good videos too....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers