Phantom Pilots of Southern California

JPSLV said:
I went to fly there a few times:
Woodley Park Apollo XI Model Aircraft Field 6201 Woodley Ave, Encino, California 91436

The place is OK but you have to watch out for the aircrafts and you're near the helicopters. The 5th time one told me to fly towards the corner, near the trees.... A bit annoying.

Well, I found a great place. If you have FPV, there's nice videos to do of the Ballona Freshwater Marsh or just practice in the field which length is around 1 mile diagonal. There's a sign saying not to enter but there are trails and no-one. I saw one man walking his dog. That's all. The trail on the map, along the marsh is a bit elevated. So you can pilot from there or from the field.

Ballona Westlands:
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9686202 ... 343853,17z

South part of Jefferson Blvd, East of the intersection Culver Blvd and Jefferson, West of Lincoln Blvd.
Look for the No Parking signs, there's a part where it's OK to park. Let me know.

Just FYI, you are flying only about 1.5 miles from LAX and well inside their Class B airspace, which the FAA has become very protective of. Might not be the best place to be. If you do fly there, I'd keep it low to avoid attracting attention.

I don't have one yet but am going to get one in a few months I live in Carson near torance long beach I would like to meet up with a few pepole o check out if you guy don't mind

I have bought a Phantom 2, Gimbel, GoPro 3+Black, Black Pearl and have several issues. Meeting in a park sounds like a good idea for me. Are you still meeting up every Sunday?

I have not gone in about a month or so. I think i will update the original post with a new event as over the past 6 months i think we have had quite a few SoCal members join.

I'll be visiting southern California for a week. I'll be staying in san clemente for a few days then carpintera. I know I'll be flying some beaches in san clemente where I used to live. Then carpintera bluffs. From there I'm not sure where to go. I'll have a few days I can drive anywhere. I'm not sure if I want to try to drive all the way up to big sur or not.

Besides the places I mentioned anyone have suggestions I can't miss while staying in southern California? Light houses? I dunno I'm looking for fun places to fly with some nice scenery

knuckles said:
I'll be visiting southern Califanyonea for a week. I'll be staying in san clemente for a few days then carpintera. I know I'll be flying some beaches in san clemente where I used to live. Then carpintera bluffs. From there I'm not sure where to go. I'll have a few days I can drive anywhere. I'm not sure if I want to try to drive all the way up to big sur or not.

Besides the places I mentioned anyone have suggestions I can't miss while staying in southern California? Light houses? I dunno I'm looking for fun places to fly with some nice scenery

Just last week i took the train from Los Angeles to San Diego and back and near San Clemente there are awesome places to fly along the coast. You can buy a rail pass so you can get on and off for flying purposes.

Anyone want to fly together let me know in my area there is a lot of good spots
Waiting on **** shipping to get here I'm a newbie like the rest but I feel like I've own this for long time because I've gone crazy looking stuff up on the internet btw anyone want to buy one look at www.hobbywow.com
Best deals I've ever seen
Any ways

I live in tujunga Cali
PM me and we can make drone flying day

Be sure you guys make it out to the Drone Expo next weekend and bring your birds as there are fantastic places to fly in and around the grounds there and im sure you wont be alone.

Check out the vid i posted doing some flying there about a year ago.

I live in Carlsbad, where do you normally fly. Just purchased my drone vision 2 plus.
Would love to meet other flyers. I know I have a lot to learn.
can text me also at 305-735-1856

Thanks

Bruno

I flew at the Batiguitos lagoon last week. Great You should come up for the show saturday

Ok. I'm calling it. SPITFIRE GRILL AT SANTA MONICA AIRPORT Saturday Deccember 27th 0900. Who's in!?

I live in North San Diego county, in Oceanside. I just got my Phantom a week ago and have been flying every day at least a few times. Always up for some flying if anyone is out this way!
I live in Escondido and have been flying for a month now, P2V+. I would like to join someone to pick up some tips and advice. I can be reached at [email protected]., Thanks, Norm

Reactions: Malcolm Reynolds
Reactions: Malcolm Reynolds

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj