Phantom Pilots of Southern California

South Bay flyer here. El Segundo! Would be awesome to meet up with some of you someday.

bill in Moreno valley.im game for a fly and drink day.lol

Hi, i just lost my Phantom in Pasadena CA while flying last week FPV for the 1st time.
Is there any phantom owners who would come out to fly and help me track down my lost unit?

Here's my my post
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8219

I located in Pasadena CA. I was flying in a public park.

thank you
caroline

P>S: I lost my phantom once, but it got return to me after 3 days in the desert.

VIDEO: How i lost it, while getting pick up shots in a Ghost town 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShkJw6yKtBE

And here the Miracle,
How the cop and his wife finds it and returns it to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE6vXzSfSVA

SAR Phantom said:
rmklaw said:
I am in Temecula. Too far from Santa Monica. Looking around Riverside County or San Diego area.

I'm a Phantom pilot in Carmel Valley {Torrey Hills} here in San Diego, CA., I fly mostly every day testing my FPV skills. FPV and DVR onboard my Phantom. Mario (a.k.a. SAR Phantom)

I am between you guys ( Vista ), just got a P2 this week and working on the basics. Jim

Reactions: Malcolm Reynolds
Hi Aguilarfx,

i lost my phantom 2 weeks ago while flying in a park in Pasadena. You are in W. Covina which is pretty near. Would you mind to come out some time next week fly your phantom and help me look for my phantom?
I can give you Gas $$ and dinner.

let me know.
thanks
caroline

historymaker06 said:
Hi Aguilarfx,

i lost my phantom 2 weeks ago while flying in a park in Pasadena. You are in W. Covina which is pretty near. Would you mind to come out some time next week fly your phantom and help me look for my phantom?
I can give you Gas $$ and dinner.

let me know.
thanks
caroline

Caroline, Im really sorry you lost your rig. Question for you. How do you intend to find it using another phantom? Wouldn't you need someone with FPV set up?

I bought my P2V in January and fly it all over orange county. I work in Laguna Hills and would love to fly it there as well

JustJames said:
garygid said:
My Phantom 2 Vision should arrive this coming Friday.
This will be my first Radio Control experience, so I have a lot of learning to do.

If would be a pleasure to link up with other pilots, experienced or beginner.
I live in Laguna Hills, and have yet to decide upon a first flight site.
My neighborhood is congested with many WiFi signal sources.

Cheers, Gary (an old guy)

This used to be one of my favorite parks. They have a BIG dog run on the back side of the hill. Hardly ever anyone there. Perfect place to fly to begin. The main part is good too and would give you a great view. Check it out. If you let me know ahead of time I can meet you there if Im off duty (firefighter). Good luck.. you are in a great area for flying and amazing scenery!

James.

I live in Big Bear Lake we have a lot of great places to fly. I have a hexacopter and have a P2V on the way and should be here by Tuesday. I have been flying UAV for a few years now and really enjoy the hobby.

Would enjoy getting together with some folks to fly..

Regards

John

Laguna Niguel resident and flyer. There are plenty of parks in and around this area, the best for views of the ocean is Badlands Park, right next door to Monarch Crest. I am patiently waiting for a gimbal, I have not purchased one yet.

I'm Bill. I live in Ladera Ranch right across from the Cox Sports park just off Crown Valley Parkway. Only have 10 or so flights on my P2V, but so far I am hooked. After 45+ years flying RC this is a kick in the @$$ (and the wallet).

Taking it easy on places to fly so far. First flights in big fields, just did a couple of flights this evening in the Trabuco Creek canyon that runs behind my house. Nice and green!!

Bill, I am in Ladera as well. Let me know if you want to meet up and fly. I know of some great hills and valleys in the neighborhood. I've been flying RC for several years and recently multi-rotor FPV but this is my first day with the Phantom 2 and am totally jazzed. Send me a note and maybe we can get together. Eroom

Hello! I'm going to get a Phantom 2 with the GoPro but I'd like to witness some pilots flying their drones before the purchase. I have some questions too. I might get a package from DSLRPros.
Anyone near 90212 ? Thank you

eroomomni said:
Bill, I am in Ladera as well. Let me know if you want to meet up and fly. I know of some great hills and valleys in the neighborhood. I've been flying RC for several years and recently multi-rotor FPV but this is my first day with the Phantom 2 and am totally jazzed. Send me a note and maybe we can get together. Eroom

Irvine here waiting delivery of the P2V+ I ordered yesterday......first flying machine of any type for this newbie. Let me know when you go flying if it's ok to come along to just watch and learn. Steep learning curve ahead for me!

SilentAV8R said:
I'm Bill. I live in Ladera Ranch right across from the Cox Sports park just off Crown Valley Parkway. Only have 10 or so flights on my P2V, but so far I am hooked. After 45+ years flying RC this is a kick in the @$$ (and the wallet).

Taking it easy on places to fly so far. First flights in big fields, just did a couple of flights this evening in the Trabuco Creek canyon that runs behind my house. Nice and green!!

Irvine here waiting delivery of the P2V+ I ordered yesterday......first flying machine of any type for this newbie. Let me know when you go flying if it's ok to come along to just watch and learn. Steep learning curve ahead for me!

Don the builder said:
Just wanted to throw my name in the hat, Don from Cypress here (next to Long Beach, Cerritos, Los Alamitos), been flying my P2V for about 3 months and enjoy every minute of it.

socaljohn said:
Laguna Niguel resident and flyer. There are plenty of parks in and around this area, the best for views of the ocean is Badlands Park, right next door to Monarch Crest. I am patiently waiting for a gimbal, I have not purchased one yet.

This looks like OC day on PP.......Irvine here waiting delivery of the P2V+ I ordered yesterday......first flying machine of any type for this newbie. Let me know when you go flying if it's ok to come along to just watch and learn. Steep learning curve ahead for me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues