Phantom Pilots near London, Canada

Calvin43. I flew over the south end of the Mill Pond. It looks like the North side of the pond is in the dreaded 9km area of the London Airport. Did you look into that?

Here in Sarnia . . the city is virtually entirely with in 9km (5nm) but it is still possible to fly if you do it properly. Just flew INSIDE military Class F airspace yesterday . . . all done legally and with proper permissions. Some things take a fair bit of coordination but they can be done. . . and there are lots of places you can fly regularly near or in cities of restricted areas if you do the coordination with the right people. I have to admit though recreational fliers are up against a lot of hysteria . . but that is going to improve.

Here in Sarnia . . the city is virtually entirely with in 9km (5nm) but it is still possible to fly if you do it properly. Just flew INSIDE military Class F airspace yesterday . . . all done legally and with proper permissions. Some things take a fair bit of coordination but they can be done. . . and there are lots of places you can fly regularly near or in cities of restricted areas if you do the coordination with the right people. I have to admit though recreational fliers are up against a lot of hysteria . . but that is going to improve.

Am in Windsor. Just bought my Phantom 3 and THEN heard about the changes. What can I do to coordinate legal flight? At this point I'm afraid to hover 10 ft above the ground without an issue.

Am in Windsor. Just bought my Phantom 3 and THEN heard about the changes. What can I do to coordinate legal flight? At this point I'm afraid to hover 10 ft above the ground without an issue.
Honestly I think those new "Interim Orders" are meant to scare people because there are so many reckless drone drivers joy riding around airports and people. . . Transport Canada does not want to have an incident/accident where people get hurt and there not be some rule on the books that says "you should not have done that" . . "see we made a rule that says not to to do that" . . Without something written down there is no way to hold people to account. Making and passing AIR REGULATIONS is a long a tedious business and it's taking longer and getting delayed with a legislative swamp. It was supposed to have been done last year.

I took the trouble to get an SFOC . . so I have a piece of paper to match their piece of paper . . .regardless I would be just as safe a pilot and fly the same way irrespective of either of us having any paper. My suggestion for recreational flyers is to make your own simple rules and fly in open spaces, parks, empty lots, over water, or . . find a farmer and ask him.
1. stay below 300ft
2. keep the drone in sight
3. don't fly at night
4. keep away from people (don't buzz people, boats, cars or trains)
That's pretty much all anyone wants is just be responsible . . and there is lots of fun to be had.

and if you are new to aviation learn all of your flight modes and how to switch easily between them . . and you won't get in trouble, no one is going to get mad at you and report you and you are not going to cause an accident

This is the problem . . . not you.
upload_2017-4-26_7-5-52.png

hi guys...i am new phantom pilot.. i live here in huron st. area... grounded for 9km from the london airport.. i want to fly without any issue that may be happened... may i asked those area that allowed to fly inside london..
springbank park field
thames river
victoria park
gibbons park
harris park
or any suggestion that may allowed to fly guys...
thank you....

can someone make a facebook page for ohantom london pilot flyers

hi guys...i am new phantom pilot.. i live here in huron st. area... grounded for 9km from the london airport.. i want to fly without any issue that may be happened... may i asked those area that allowed to fly inside london..
springbank park field
thames river
victoria park
gibbons park
harris park
or any suggestion that may allowed to fly guys...
thank you....

can someone make a facebook page for ohantom london pilot flyers
Hi . . I fly all over Sarnia and areas between London and Sarnia . . no issues really. I have an SFOC but mostly it involves just asking the owner of the property you are on. Of course London airport is a controlled area Class C controlled airspace so it's better to stay away for that unless you get approvals every time you fly. Let me know if you are around Sarnia anytime . . maybe we can fly.

I am a new pilot with a pro 4 and live in st Thomas, but no chance to fly yet with this weather

I come to London sometimes . . let's meet there for coffee sometime perhaps when the weather gets warmer
I still working out of Edson Alberta for a few more weeks. But looking forward to getting home. It'd been a long winter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20