Phantom Not Starting

Reaction score
My Phantom's battery has a good charge and the transmitter's batteries are new. The Phantom powers up but does not respond to commands from the transmitter. It just sits with the rear lights blinking red/green and the front lights don't illuminate. I haven't flown the Phantom in a month and there were no problems. I tried rebinding, but that didn't seem to be the problem. Any ideas?

does your device's screen (e.g., ipad mini 2) show that controller and bird are linked?

My Phantom's battery has a good charge and the transmitter's batteries are new. The Phantom powers up but does not respond to commands from the transmitter. It just sits with the rear lights blinking red/green and the front lights don't illuminate. I haven't flown the Phantom in a month and there were no problems. I tried rebinding, but that didn't seem to be the problem. Any ideas?

Are you in GPS mode? If so, red-green blinking means that your P2 is searching satellites. If less than 5 satellites are locked in, your P2 will not start.
You may want to
- change to ATTI mode and check whether you can start, or
- stay in GPS mode and count exact sequence of red - green.

Are you in GPS mode? If so, red-green blinking means that your P2 is searching satellites. If less than 5 satellites are locked in, your P2 will not start.
You may want to
- change to ATTI mode and check whether you can start, or
- stay in GPS mode and count exact sequence of red - green.

That info about it not starting if it has less then 6 satellites is incorrect. Those motors will spin if you 0 satellites whether it's in GPS or ATTI modes doesn't matter.

The front LED's will not turn on until you spin up the motors. To eliminate any chance of a problem do a complete calibration of the RC and P2 also include an advanced IMU calibration as well on a completely level surface. Once you've completed all cal's with the props off do a CSC and spin up those motors and go through all the stick movements and you hear the difference in the motors. If all is well put the props take it outside and do a compass calibration. If you need help and are in the states call there's a number on your Presonal Messages.

Plug into Phantom Assist and check the warning that pops up. Maybe take a laptop to the take off area.

Red/Green could mean a multitude of things.

Could be dead or disconnected GPS puck (the 4 pin connector is very loose). Your motors will start even if you have 0 satellites. If you can see the firmware in the P2 assist software then the GPS is connected.
Could be your control sticks stuck in position when turned on.
Could be a bad compass.
Could be rebar in the ground cause compass values to spike.
Could be a bad or stuck IMU.

To check if your controller is still bound, move the yaw and you see the H33D gimbal move (I assume you have a gimbal).
Turn the controller off and the bird should flash Yellow (and maybe reds).
If you have NAZA mode, move the switch to failsafe and see if it flashes yellow.

Another issue that can prevent startup is if you have trimmed your throttle and/or pitch on the remote "upward". By setting the trims up, the remote no longer sends the startup command when pulling the sticks down for startup - as the forward trims are preventing the sticks from actually reaching the startup command point. Been there - done that. Set all of your remote trims to "0" and try again.

Trims???

On a P2?

Sorry - I use a Futaba controller with my P2. I just pulled up some images of the stock P2 controller, which does not appear to have trim controls. I wonder if they are in the software.

Trims.jpg

No trims. Not related to problem.

Is there a full moon out??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl