Phantom just dropped outta sky.

I had the bird 10 ft then took it back up max 393 ft ,(from home 85ft max) hit two landing functions (just nervous) then it was just sad!!!!
I don't know but you will know if this fits what you experienced.....
If return home is initiated within about 65 ft of the recorded home point, it will simply land in place straight down. Maybe then at the speed it as autolanding, it got a little VRS or something and wobbled.

Was the river within 65 foot or so of home point?

I don't know but you will know if this fits what you experienced.....
If return home is initiated within about 65 ft of the recorded home point, it will simply land in place straight down. Maybe then at the speed it as autolanding, it got a little VRS or something and wobbled.

Was the river within 65 foot or so of home point?
Just looked at the log. (Mind that she just came perfectly back home) so we are both about 10-15 ft apart and she is 10 ft from home. I hit land now/ got spooked up hit RTH (she looked confused in the log) then bottoms up...I heard engines still on but can tell if prop was off. It was leaning away from home like a tangled parachute

The RTH when initiated within 65 foot (seems manual states 20m)of the recorded Home point will land in place immediately.

So that appears true.
Maybe a combo of ascending for a final photo then autoland then abort then RTH caused an issue but not likely.

I'd suggest uploading logs of that flight to healthy drones and / or member "msinger" program and we here can look and see if a problem existed that can be found.

I'd have a punt at prop failure myself. Spiralling down out of control is exactly what happens when one motor or prop malfunctions or is impeded.

in any event, sorry you lost it mate.

Reactions: Phantom3Chris
The RTH when initiated within 65 foot (seems manual states 20m)of the recorded Home point will land in place immediately.

So that appears true.
Maybe a combo of ascending for a final photo then autoland then abort then RTH caused an issue but not likely.

I'd suggest uploading logs of that flight to healthy drones and / or member "msinger" program and we here can look and see if a problem existed that can be found.
I'm trying to put it up to that.

So that appears true.

So I'm all set up but how do I post for ppl to see. My log of the day it went down is uploaded??

I had a motor bearing failure on my Standard at less than 20 hours. I caught it before it completely cashed-in, just noticed an unusual noise and a bit of a wobble. I had just taken off, so i landed and checked the props for play.
If I had not noticed it, I believe is would have failed in minutes. I check the props and motors regularly now, before each flight. And I always let it "park' close by for a few seconds, slowly rotate it, watch and listen.

I had a motor bearing failure on my Standard at less than 20 hours. I caught it before it completely cashed-in, just noticed an unusual noise and a bit of a wobble. I had just taken off, so i landed and checked the props for play.
If I had not noticed it, I believe is would have failed in minutes. I check the props and motors regularly now, before each flight. And I always let it "park' close by for a few seconds, slowly rotate it, watch and listen.
Good tips for next one. That day I could not tell you if I had funny noise. We did bout ten minute flight b4 I took it back to max alt. then she fell. I'm just guessing it was props I had metal hubs (cf). Only flew her 3-4 times. Brand new. I think I just overloaded the drone. I asked a lot of her that day. Plus bad interference killed me I think. 50/50 half me with asking a lot or other half chance it was engine/props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic