phantom ground station software

Reaction score
Hi I have a surveying company in the Philippines and just started some aerial mapping using Phantom vision plus drones. We are finding the pix4d app too restrictive as internet is not available in remote areas. Can someone recommend some good mission planning software. Thanking you all in advance

Just discovered the Pix4d yesterday and already did some nice missions with the Discovery version.
One thing I've been doing though, is to connect my iPhone to itunes and take the mission photos and project directly from its folder, and then do the whole rendering process in my computer. (The place where I am right now is also a bit restrictive regarding internet connection)

But one thing I don't know, and would like to be informed if there's any "pix4d expert" here - am I losing any processing or rendering procedure, that would happen only if I uploaded the project to Pix4d Cloud? Or am I doing this on my computer?

[also, upvote, I'm interested in knowing some other mapping solutions, this thing is amazing]

Just discovered the Pix4d yesterday and already did some nice missions with the Discovery version.
One thing I've been doing though, is to connect my iPhone to itunes and take the mission photos and project directly from its folder, and then do the whole rendering process in my computer. (The place where I am right now is also a bit restrictive regarding internet connection)

But one thing I don't know, and would like to be informed if there's any "pix4d expert" here - am I losing any processing or rendering procedure, that would happen only if I uploaded the project to Pix4d Cloud? Or am I doing this on my computer?

[also, upvote, I'm interested in knowing some other mapping solutions, this thing is amazing]

Hi,

Do you mean that you would like to know if you would miss something by not going through the Pix4D cloud?
Don't worry if you could only process the images on local computer due to the internet limitation. You will also get the final reconstruction result without loosing anything.

Hi,

Do you mean that you would like to know if you would miss something by not going through the Pix4D cloud?
Don't worry if you could only process the images on local computer due to the internet limitation. You will also get the final reconstruction result without loosing anything.

Thanks! Clarified things a lot.
Also, am I able to set the amount of photos that it will take? The whole mission process goes okay, but there are a lot of black areas on it.

The local processing may be an option for the OP, without Internet, just the way I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Clarified things a lot.
Also, am I able to set the amount of photos that it will take? The whole mission process goes okay, but there are a lot of black areas on it.

The local processing may be an option for the OP, without Internet, just the way I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

Good morning :)
There's not an option for entering the number of photos since the number of images will be defined by the coverage, flight height, overlap, etc. If you find some black areas, it is most likely that there is no enough information in the images taken and thus results in lack of point clouds.
You may shoot some more images which cover the black areas, and process them with the project images.

Best Regards,

Reactions: gfo315

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20