Phantom Free Fall

The only problem I have here with all the recommendations is to always fly with a fully charged battery. That is like saying if we do a10 minute shoot and then land, we can't move to another location and shoot for another 10 minutes until we recharge our batteries.
The 50% battery "pushing fate" is a stretch. Have none of you ever flown for more than 20 minutes? If so, you've flown below 50%. Have none of you landed at 50% and then took off again? I have, perhaps a hundred times.

In all autonomous missions I’ve done the sUAS goes straight up to the programmed altitude before departing from the home coordinates. Also you can move your antennas as depicted in the diagram below when your bird is directly above you.
IMG_8362.jpg

In all autonomous missions I’ve done the sUAS goes straight up to the programmed altitude before departing from the home coordinates.
True, unless the aircraft is already above the RTH setting. Then it will return at it's current altitude.

True, unless the aircraft is already above the RTH setting. Then it will return at it's current altitude.

About 75% of my flights I have taken off straight up and have never lost signal. After reading post on this thread I went into possibly overlooked parts of manual and discovered how to properly position antennas when aircraft is directly above me.

@skymonkey ..I was referring to RTH. Nothing to do with antenna orientation.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart