Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to drones (never owned one!) , but I am working on a student project in which we will need to purchase a drone with thermal imaging capabilities. Our budget isn't that large, so we were thinking of purchasing a Phantom. I was reading a bit on this forum regarding integrating FLIR cameras on Phantoms, and the reviews weren't so great, some were even saying that it is not possible. Would anyone be able to help me understand why it would be difficult to place a FLIR camera and what are the limitations the Phantom has?
I saw that it is possible to install a FLIR Duo on the Phantom, however, the Duo's resolution is too low for us...We were thinking about installing the Vue which has much higher resolution.

Thanks in advance.

Hi DanaBee,
As far as I know you can't put any other type of camera on a Phantom3/4 other than a Phantom3/4 camera. You would probably be better off reverting to a Phantom 1/2 which can carry a GoPro or go up to an Inspire, MEGGA BUCKS

Reactions: DanaBee
No, they clearly state the stock camera stays put, only the cash in your wallet gets removed.

Reactions: Mike_P and Brent10
Hi DanaBee,
As far as I know you can't put any other type of camera on a Phantom3/4 other than a Phantom3/4 camera. You would probably be better off reverting to a Phantom 1/2 which can carry a GoPro or go up to an Inspire, MEGGA BUCKS

Thanks!
Do you know what the advantages of the Inspire are compared to the Phantom? (is it worth the "big bucks" ?)

I believe the latest creation from DJI is a commercial unit that can carry up to 3 cameras with one of them possibly being a thermal type camera. Do a search at DJI or possibly here.

Depends on how deep your pockets are Phantom 1/2 about £200 Inspire 1/2 between £1000/2000 both options minus the camera there are cameras about for about £300 (Flytron)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31