Phantom disarming ?!

Reaction score
I changed the receiver in my Phantom 2 in order to control it with my Taranis Plus. All the modes are working fine, I calibrated everything and all is good except that when my throttle is in the down position it disarms and the motors stop spinning.

This is nerve wracking since I always have to remember not to go all the way down with the trottle when landing it or it will be falling out of the sky. The are no settings in DJI Phantom software, sow can I change this?

The P2 has an accelerometer built in. If it detects that it is still descending, even with the throttle stick all of the way down, the motors won't cut out. Once it detects no further vertical movement, or if it's just sitting on the ground to begin with, fully lowering the throttle stick will cut the motors... But not in flight.

The P2 has an accelerometer built in. If it detects that it is still descending, even with the throttle stick all of the way down, the motors won't cut out. Once it detects no further vertical movement, or if it's just sitting on the ground to begin with, fully lowering the throttle stick will cut the motors... But not in flight.

Thanks for the input, looks like you are right. I can't disarm it when i hold it and start moving it around. Only when almost completely still it will shut down. Feel a lot safer now :) !

Reactions: Qoncussion
Thanks for the input, looks like you are right. I can't disarm it when i hold it and start moving it around. Only when almost completely still it will shut down. Feel a lot safer now :) !

I have the same situation with my graupner mx20 setup, with throttle in down position on the ground the motors turn off, while flying no problems. I have the kit on order to convert stick to return to centre, don't like the fact that when you are not paying attention to your heigth and leave the stick a little of centre the phantom will climb.

Does your failsafe work when you turn the transmitter off? Something I overlooked when I installed my graupner, only thought about it when someone here mentioned it.

I have the same situation with my graupner mx20 setup, with throttle in down position on the ground the motors turn off, while flying no problems. I have the kit on order to convert stick to return to centre, don't like the fact that when you are not paying attention to your heigth and leave the stick a little of centre the phantom will climb.

Does your failsafe work when you turn the transmitter off? Something I overlooked when I installed my graupner, only thought about it when someone here mentioned it.

I use the radio for my smaller racing quad too, so a kit for centering the stick would not make sense for me. But you are right about the phantom climbing if you are not paying attention. Happened to me on NYE... all of a sudden while looking at the fireworks it climbed another 50 meters without me noticing it, I have to be more careful about that in the future.

Failsafe works as far as I can tell. The LEDs light up although I have not tested it in actual flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj