Phantom Crashed, Making Strange Noise Now - RTH Failed

Reaction score
I had a Phantom 3 crash yesterday. I hit the return home button and my Phantom 3 skyrocketed straight up and came crashing down. I could not cancel return home. It landed in yard and I have bumper guards on it. However, now I have a strange noise when my Phantom is on. Here is my You Tube Link of the noise that my Phantom3 is making http://youtu.be/uZS67M08_XI

Can anyone tell me if or what is damaged on the Phantom 3.? I have the latest firmware update. I want to know at this point if I need to ship it for repair service.Thanks in Advance,
Sarah

I had a Phantom 3 crash yesterday. I hit the return home button and my Phantom 3 skyrocketed straight up and came crashing down. I could not cancel return home. It landed in yard and I have bumper guards on it. However, now I have a strange noise when my Phantom is on. Here is my You Tube Link of the noise that my Phantom3 is making http://youtu.be/uZS67M08_XI

Can anyone tell me if or what is damaged on the Phantom 3.? I have the latest firmware update. I want to know at this point if I need to ship it for repair service.Thanks in Advance,
Sarah
is the sound continuous or just when the gimbal moves? the shaft could be slipping on the gimbal motor. sounds a little like a gear noise. IMO, you should have it looked at by a dealer authorized to do repairs.

is the sound continuous or just when the gimbal moves? the shaft could be slipping on the gimbal motor. sounds a little like a gear noise. IMO, you should have it looked at by a dealer authorized to do repairs.
It makes the sound when the gimbal moves. Is there a authorized dealer in Texas that you recommend? I live in Houston. Thank you so much for replying.

I have had my p2v+ returned 5 times in a row since January all at dji cost shipping included. Hope I have better luck with p3

It makes the sound when the gimbal moves. Is there a authorized dealer in Texas that you recommend? I live in Houston. Thank you so much for replying.
Don't know any personally --- but there are some that have good reviews here--- purchase some batteries from these folks and haven't heard any bad raps about them.

https://www.multicopterwarehouse.com/index.php?route=information/contact

Call these folks and talk to them about the problem-- could be a warranty issue.

Sarah

How were you tying to cancel RTH? When you say "crashing down", how fast was it going - it didn't shoot up to the RTH height you had set, as designed, travel to the home point, and then land at 3 m/s, did it?

How were you tying to cancel RTH? When you say "crashing down", how fast was it going - it didn't shoot up to the RTH height you had set, as designed, travel to the home point, and then land at 3 m/s, did it?
When I activated return home on app, it was like I had put it on full throttle. The engine got loud and it skyrocket it up. I tried to cancel Rth but it did not respond to anything and just plummeted to the ground. I had used RTH prior to this recent firmware upgrade and it worked fine. I had 18 satellites at the time.

Export your logs if you like and post them here. If you were trying everything you may have inadvertantly hit the CSC which will kill the motors. If it's not your fault you should be able to log a case with DJI and have it repaired for next to nothing.

Export your logs if you like and post them here. If you were trying everything you may have inadvertantly hit the CSC which will kill the motors. If it's not your fault you should be able to log a case with DJI and have it repaired for next to nothing.
Ok. I will post them today. Thanks for all the help!

I got my Phantom repaired. I shipped it to UAV direct on Monday and got it back on Thursday.
I had to have my gimbal and camera replaced. It is ready to fly again!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl