Phantom Compass Inverted?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just upgraded to the 3.16 firmware as the Naza M Assistant recommended (after first upgrading to Naza M V2) but since doing it my compass wont work properly. I get the red/amber constant LED message no matter what and it won't let me flip the gps/atti switch to enter compass calibration mode.

I tried just doing the gps dance anyway and subsequently found out that the compass seems to work OK (or at least the error message stops) if I invert the Phantom so it is upside down! I also get Error 27 in the Assistant - this goes away if I invert the quad. She flies but she is very twitchy and I need to constantly correct.

I have uploaded a video of the weirdness to YouTube, see here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEQ5MfbRe0

Any help would be appreciated, I've put an email to DJI Europe but I'm not holding my breath for a speedy reply.

Cheers

Russ

Did you do the advanced calibration in NAZA assitant? There is a temperature issue doing this if you use a phantom already warmed up so do the calibration first by disconnecting battery for 5 to 10 minutes then connect battery and USB straight after and quickly open the assistant and do an advanced calibration. There should be no temp warning popups and I see some people have just been clicking through this to complete. I dont think thats a great idea so better off to do as the popup says and power down for a while prior to the update which worked for me.

Also load the default parameters by downloading them off the site and installing in assistant.

Also by any chance did you have any magnets around the compass recently? This can knock it out of calibration range and so you would need to do this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7Kf3uo93I[/youtube]

I'm having this issue too. No matter what I try, the Phantom will only give me the correct lights when it's inverted. Right way up its yellow red all day long.

I'm considering buying a new compass to see if that fixes the issue but thought I'd see how others get past it first.
I have tried calibrations, magnets even shouting at it! Nothing is working.

I am having this problem as well. I haven't even gotten the propellers turning yet. I purchased the Phantom about three weeks ago. I tried to do the orientation but was not getting the right led sequence and the I could not get it started. I have since downloaded the driver and the NAZA and the software indicates that the IMU calibration is fine yet I get a compass warning. I checked the parameters of my Phantom against the one in the video posted above and my MOD is between 300-500. As much as i try with the magnet to get it up between 1400-1800 where gps mode will work it always reverts to between 300-500. When I have the magnet on and around the compass the mod jumps like crazy. As soon as I set it down it goes back to 300-500. The light now blinks a constant red/yellow. Even if Itry to orientate it now the light will not turn the constant yellow it is suppose to. It just blinks red/yellow. Please help.

I am having the same problems, tried the calibration, and nothing works, downloaded the new firmware, mod is about 535, was yellow/red blinking, played the magnet thing and no work .now it yellow fast blink forever, I have a call to tech support, I have yet to fly this this thing.

cptdarel said:
I am having the same problems, tried the calibration, and nothing works, downloaded the new firmware, mod is about 535, was yellow/red blinking, played the magnet thing and no work .now it yellow fast blink forever, I have a call to tech support, I have yet to fly this this thing.
received this from DJI today, but have not tried it yet. email him and ask for 3.16 FIX PDF

Hey Darrell! Did you upgrade your firmware to 3.16? DJI seems to have released a firmware with a bug in it. I have attached a fix for the problem. It fixes the GPS and Compass error. If it doesn't work the 1st time, restart from step 3.

Thanks,
Trent Siggard
[email protected]
(805) 480-4033

cptdarel said:
cptdarel said:
received this from DJI today, but have not tried it yet. email him and ask for 3.16 FIX PDF

Hey Darrell! Did you upgrade your firmware to 3.16? DJI seems to have released a firmware with a bug in it. I have attached a fix for the problem. It fixes the GPS and Compass error. If it doesn't work the 1st time, restart from step 3.

Thanks,
Trent Siggard
[email protected]
(805) 480-4033

this fix solve your problem? I'm having the same problem.

dxmbr said:
cptdarel said:
cptdarel said:

Thanks,
Trent Siggard
[email protected]
(805) 480-4033

this fix solve your problem? I'm having the same problem.

Fix also posted on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Dronefly/posts/438008376312995

Only thing I would add is that the instructions tell you to click Restore Default Settings at one point -- that's fine, but note that the "default" settings are not the correct gain settings for Phantom, so after you finish the process you should download "Phantom Default Configuration Parameters" from here: http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-downloads/

...and import those settings from the Tools menu in NAZA Assistant. Then click through and set any other parameters (RTH, IOC, etc.) to your liking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav